Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2018, 10:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider dad View Post
Do any of you have the center to center, from the mounting holes, overall length of the stock shock for the AGB-36?
I found a couple of options that i am considering trying but am out of town and wont be able to measure my own till this weekend.
I actually made a picture of my stock shock and the aftermarket one I ordered. It looks like 42cm to me. You can zoom in and determine. It was made as center of top of both shocks.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #17

Thanks for picture.
The one i was considering is to short☹
Will just have to keep looking.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaifune View Post
2016 Apollo 250 trail bike. I've put enough time on it to receive three strongly worded letters from my backside.

So, softening the rear suspension? Ideas? Is there something I can adjust? Air pressure in the shock, or changing springs? Spinning a dial or whirling a gig? Also, I'd like to take about an inch out of the height, but I'm afraid it'll make the stiffness worse. Confirm?

Thanks for the time.
Got some bad news on the stock shock. I am by no means a shock expert. When I took my spring off to get some measurements, I think the shock part is broke. Compressing has resistance. Rebound is almost impossible. I had to put it in a vice and pull with everything I had. This cannot be the way shocks work.

I was going to get measurements to get a softer spring on order but now I need the shock too. I have looked everywhere trying to find an after-market bolt on. Nothing shows up. I am scared to buy a stock shock. They may have made them all bad. Enough people on here have complained of the rear shock to make me think the shock manufacturer is crap.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #19

You probably already know how to take it apart, but just in case...

Old 04-21-2021, 10:08 PM   #20

Doh! How to make Apollo db36 supermoto rear shock soft

Go to EBay and get 430mm shock 17” long and make lowering links longer 1/4 inch longer in the holes he link cam is not down enough to work like it should this will fix it made my links from flat bar from tractor Supply