Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Hi, having a hard time getting my head around these specifications. Is the Apollo DB-G011 different than the RX250 and DB36?

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/20549

It states this has adjustable quickly adjustable rear suspension and this seems to be what everyone has been asking for. It also looks to be 21lbs lighter and 2 more horsepower.

Here is what I'm comparing it to:

https://www.motomaxus.com/250cc-adult-dirt-bike-en.html

Just wondering if this is more people over stating something and looking for the biggest bang for the buck...

Thanks,

Rich
Rich, they are the same bike. Some of the vendors have incorrect photos, as they make these bikes out of country, and will offer more options.

The bike you will get from ether dealer is as pictured in powersports max, with the possible exception of the frame color on the red, green, blue bikes. I have seen some of the colored bikes with the black frame not red. When I was looking at buying mine I was getting frustrated by all the different stock photos that each dealer seem to have.

Call Jason at OrionPowersports. Ask some questions. I have bought two bikes from him in the past few months. He works directly with Apollo, has good parts inventory, and has an actual store.

My buddy bought his Apollo 250 from motomaxus (prior to teriffs), and had a good experience. I tried to buy from them, but the shipping charge to California would have made the bike more expensive than buying it from powersportsmax including tax & registration.

I have purchased my Apollo 250rx from powersportsmax, but only because I was not familiar with the registration process in California. If I could do it again, I would buy the bike from Jason.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/apo...embled-tested/

The only thing you may want to replace is the Carb, and maybe the sprockets/chain. I left my front sprocket alone, and changed out the rear sprocket to a 52t. I think a 48T would fit a little better. If you change the sprocket you will need to get a new chain. I have the dimensions of the sprocket, and a vendor that can make the rear sprocket if needed. The sprocket will cost about 85 bucks shipped.

The engines that come in the Apollo 250 will be the same no matter which dealer you buy from. They are registered with the EPA, and California ARB with a specific engine/engine family.

Consider is this, If these bike are more expensive for the dealer to buy they are going to do a couple things. They will charge more for the bike, or have a separate charge for the tariff/shipping. One way or another we as the consumer are going to pay this. I have seen few websites showing bike prices going up a lot. There are a few dealers that have not made the adjustment, but I would think by the end of the year most of the prices would reflect the new teriff charges.

I bought a coolster 125 ATV in February for 912.00, and now the same dealer is selling it for 1249.00

Last edited by Douglass; 07-10-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #17

"There are a few dealers that have not made the adjustment, but I would think by the end of the year most of the prices would reflect the new teriff charges."

i cant seem to get the facts on the tariffs. most resources mention 'some' mopeds and motorcycles....the one place mentioned in this thread does have it in the checkout process, but is this for stock already in the states too? or is this company mentioned milking it early? or is there still no new tariffs on chondas?

i have even reached out to dealerships, with no reply. its a mystery to me and i have dug and dug for the facts.....

Old 07-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #18

Quote:
"There are a few dealers that have not made the adjustment, but I would think by the end of the year most of the prices would reflect the new teriff charges."
If I was a dealer who had bought inventory prior to the terriff, I would mark up my current inventory now to compensate for the new replacement cost. For dealers that don't buy inventory, and just order/drop ship as customer place orders, I think they would be the ones taking advantage of the situation

Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #19

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the info, I had already ordered it from motomaxus earlier in the day at just shy of $1,500.

Quick question, any particular carb to put on this bike? Also, what's the problem with the gearing, geared to low? I'm 6'2" @ 240lbs, not sure if it needs to be changed with my tiny body . I'd read somewhere that the counter sprocket from a CRF230 will work, but who knows really...

I had a decent bike but the kids kept burning their leg on the exhaust while taking them over small jumps. Hoping this one does not burn them or tear up my yard as bad as the WR450F....

Rich

Old 07-11-2018, 12:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Quick question, any particular carb to put on this bike?
I installed a Mikuni vm26. I have a 30 pilot, and a 120 main with 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw at sea level. The carb comes with a 20 pilot, and a 100 main. depending on your elevation you should be ok getting a 25, 27.5, and a 30 pilot, and a115, 117.5, and a 120 main. The Mikuni really helps with keeping the idle consistant, and seems to help with the overall responsiveness.

Carb.
https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Carbur...70_&dpSrc=srch

Pilot jet
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ries-Pilot-Jet

Main Jet
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...eries-Main-Jet

I also have a pump carb that has not been installed yet, but another member did, and he is extremely happy with it.

Quote:
what's the problem with the gearing, geared to low?
I bought the bike for mostly trail riding, so it was very important to me that the gears wouldn't be so hight that the engine would struggle going up steeper grade hills. I personally never drove the bike off road with the stock rear sprocket, but just by driving around the neighborhood I could tell it made a world of difference.

The stock rear sprocket is a 530 pitch 38 tooth, and I installed 52 tooth. My gear ratio went from 2.73 to around a 3.73 just from changine the rear sprocket . 1st and 2nd gear pull hard. I want to say the 48 tooth puts around 3.55, and is in line a little better with the chain guide.

Rear Sprocket Details
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20620

Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #21

I have three 520 chains still in plastic from our race days so I’ll probably convert to CM250 sprockets which seem to fit both the engine and rear hub. Probably go with the largest rear (42) and a 13 counter sprocket.

Will definitely be getting the Mikuni and jets on the way! Thanks again!!!

Old 07-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouthere View Post
. I'd read somewhere that the counter sprocket from a CRF230 will work, but who knows really...
Congrats on the bike! You are correct in that the generic ebay countersprocket for 'CRF150, CRF230, etc., etc' will work on this engine since they are all pretty much one and the same as Honda in that dept.

I am under the impression that the rear sprockets from the XL185, XL250, etc. will work, like most of the popular enduros, but someone who has an Apollo can confirm or deny this.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #23

Well, called about the bike and it will be 3-4 weeks before I can take delivery. I asked them to cancel and will find another seller that can ship now.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #24

I just called Jason at Orion Powersports. If your interested, he has them instock, and there is no teriff charges on the Dirt bikes he sells yet.

Orion power sports - 817-573-3953

https://www.orionpowersports.com/apo...embled-tested/

His price is 1569.00 unassembled shipped.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #25

Still trying to save a buck...lol Does $800 sound reasonable for this bike?

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy...642586929.html

Rich

Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #26

I'd buy it for $800
I like the red, mine was supposed to be red but came with white plastics and red stickers.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #27

It does look good��
We’ll pick it up Saturday and hit the trails and some lite MX ��

Old 07-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #28

That's a screamin deal. Just make sure to change the oil, and go through the bike. Check every bolt, spokes, change the brake fluids. Plan to spend a couple hours making sure everything is good and tight.