Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #1

May Have Just Lost My RX3

Well, we got up this morning and I said, "I know you have some things you want to get done today but before anything, let's go for a quick burn...." Mrs. 2LZ happily agreed and we hit the garage.

Her Vic is kind of a handful on the twisties so I suggested she ride the RX3 and I'll take Q. Poor Q has been neglected since the RX3 arrived so he was in need of some well-deserved love. The RX3's seat height is lower, so it just made sense she ride it.

After about 5 miles of her adjusting to the RX, I'm out in front and she's now right on my butt. I ratchet it up a bit and she's back there tucking and shifting like she'd ridden the thing for a year.

We stopped at an overlook and she commences to tell me how good it handles and how fun it is. I said, "Don't get too used to it, your TT250 should be here soon."

We continued the ride, cat and mousing the rest of the way now. I'd toss Q deep into a corner and as I'm sweeping out downshifting and rolling it on, she'd square the damn corner and take me on the inside. WTH!?

Anyway, we got back and she got off and continued to tell me how impressed she was with the RX3's predictable handling and what an absolute blast it is to ride, once you get used to the power band and shift points. Once again, I told her not to get TOO comfortable on it.

That TT250 better hurry up!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 12-31-2016 at 03:42 PM.