Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

Another Hawk Adventure to the ATV Park!

The weather cooled down a bit to take the Hawk out. A mixed ride of dirt and pavement. Went by the Ford and Chrysler proving grounds. Then on up to the Boulders ATV park. Where you can camp and ride. Lots of riding in the park. I only did a fraction of where you can go. So far, I've changed the carb on the Hawk (vm26). I put in a 115 main jet and a 22.5 pilot. With that pilot I turned the mix screw back to only 1 turn out. I tried the clip on the needle jet one notch away from full rich, but I like it on full rich. Less pops for me on deceleration. I have the K&N filter and de-catted the exhaust. I think I'll repost the video in HD. the low res mode not that good.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #2

I really want that instrument cluster.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
The weather cooled down a bit to take the Hawk out. A mixed ride of dirt and pavement. Went by the Ford and Chrysler proving grounds. Then on up to the Boulders ATV park. Where you can camp and ride. Lots of riding in the park. I only did a fraction of where you can go. So far, I've changed the carb on the Hawk (vm26). I put in a 115 main jet and a 22.5 pilot. With that pilot I turned the mix screw back to only 1 turn out. I tried the clip on the needle jet one notch away from full rich, but I like it on full rich. Less pops for me on deceleration. I have the K&N filter and de-catted the exhaust. I think I'll repost the video in HD. the low res mode not that good.

Great 2 hours of footage,it give those who are interested in the Hawk a great idea of what the Hawk is capable of.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

If only I had a helmet cam

10 Hour rides on the WILL 200, ~4 of those at Highway/Interstate speeds, ~6 of those riding Colorado mountain trails upwards of 13,000 feet... anyone else want to ride along to see what these 'POS' China Bikes can do?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post

If you guys listen close you will hear that stumble at low revs. It doesn't matter where he lives and rides, but that over rich transition would be very inconvenient in the east where you have to go up and down over creeks and hoist the front wheel over logs and wet tree roots. That is what I'm talking about when I go on and on about having totally clean carburation right from 1300 rpm on up...ARH

Old 03-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #6

"The weather cooled down a bit to take the Hawk out."

...while the rest of us are waiting for the weather to warm up...:I
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #7

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

10 Hour rides on the WILL 200, ~4 of those at Highway/Interstate speeds, ~6 of those riding Colorado mountain trails upwards of 13,000 feet... anyone else want to ride along to see what these 'POS' China Bikes can do?
Gee, AZ, 10 hours? You must have had lots to sort out

I've done half that and thought I was going to loose my lower unit
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #8

What's a lower unit? Is it like fireman Pete and his two nutty friends?

Old 03-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
"The weather cooled down a bit to take the Hawk out."

...while the rest of us are waiting for the weather to warm up...:I
That's funny! its been close to 100 degrees here.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
If you guys listen close you will hear that stumble at low revs. It doesn't matter where he lives and rides, but that over rich transition would be very inconvenient in the east where you have to go up and down over creeks and hoist the front wheel over logs and wet tree roots. That is what I'm talking about when I go on and on about having totally clean carburation right from 1300 rpm on up...ARH
Your right! it seemed to get a little bit richer when I went higher on the mountains. I agree, its not 100% in tune like my little .40cc rc airplane nitro engine. It did stall once when I was high up. I need to fiddle with it more. maybe turn the mix screw in more. I know that moving the needle clip one away from total rich didn't help with the pops on deceleration. I put it back. Which probably adds to the more rich when coming down off of the rpm to idle. Any good ideas?. Right now I'm 115 jet 22.5 pilot, needle clip full rich, one turn out on mix. idle set at 1500rpm, de-catted original exhaust. base camp 1,000ft.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Great 2 hours of footage,it give those who are interested in the Hawk a great idea of what the Hawk is capable of.
Its more capable than me on those steep hills. I wanted to do more at the atv park, But, I had a ways to get back home. didn't want to drop the bike this time. reloading this video on youtube now in HD. that takes for ever!

Old 03-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

the one I got was 49 bucks at target. its not that bad. but finding an extra battery is difficult. I actually found them at sears online for ten bucks each

Old 03-26-2017, 02:13 PM   #13

Great vid! I love the countryside. So many trails and so dry. You're quiet. I have to talk to the bike, trail, myself, and other vehicles around.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #14

It is rugged in the desert hills. Good places to ride until about May. Then it gets pretty hot. Then only early morning rides until June. During the summer, the best rides are up north in the Ponderosa forest. Which is my favorite.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 AM   #15

the Hawk ride in HD now.

Its HD now. that was painful. took like 24 hours to upload.

Tags
boulders, chrysler, ford, hawk250