Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #16

I like it when ARH chimes in on carb posts. Out of all the articles I've read, Youtube's I've watched, he is the only one that has made sense to me. So one more time for us slow kids. The idle speed screw is on the right side of the carb (pic 1). The same place as the "knob" that adjusts the idle speed on the stock carb. The idle mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb (pic 2). Set idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out to start. Give me two weeks and I should be done with this.

Name:  mikuni 1 shrunk.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  mikuni 2 shrunk.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  66.4 KB

Old 03-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooter View Post
I like it when ARH chimes in on carb posts. Out of all the articles I've read, Youtube's I've watched, he is the only one that has made sense to me. So one more time for us slow kids. The idle speed screw is on the right side of the carb (pic 1). The same place as the "knob" that adjusts the idle speed on the stock carb. The idle mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb (pic 2). Set idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out to start. Give me two weeks and I should be done with this.

Attachment 9025

Attachment 9026
I some how got the idea you were asking about a Mikuni carburetor. The one in the picture is not a Mikuni. Or if it is, it's not like any Mikuni I ever worked on. That looks like a Kiehin pz30. Or a copy there of. Mikuni main jets will work in that carb, but the Mikuni pilot jet won't....ARH

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 03-19-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added info

Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I some how got the idea you were asking about a Mikuni carburetor. The one in the picture is not a Mikuni. Or if it is, it's not like any Mikuni I ever worked on. That looks like a Kiehin pz30. Or a copy there of. Mikuni main jets will work in that carb, but the Mikuni pilot jet won't....ARH
That is the Mikuni copy from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-VM26-...ZWfoFc&vxp=mtr

Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #19

It is from ebay. Should I get a different one and if so, anyone have a link?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262202860867...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Name:  mikuni 3 shrunk.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  66.3 KB

Old 03-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #20

This is what the 30 pilot looks like. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162106780148...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 03-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #21

That's the standard Chinabike Mikuni clone, 'fakuni' or whatever you want to call them. The 'T/A' stamp denotes Thailand/Asia, according to some internet people, suggesting that it was a license built thing at some point in time. It is identical in arrangement to the PZ26.

Mikuni jets will work. Pilots here:
http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbure...-486_pilot.htm

Mains here:
http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbure...arge_round.htm

Thanks for 2LZ for doing the legwork on those.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #22

Well dang it , I bought same one . What's worse is I paid real Mikuni price for it . Oh well!! As long as Mikuni jets work I am fine with it , other than over paying .
A huge thanks for all , your info is priceless . Well in my case $40
Fakuni did make me chuckle a bit . Seller is getting a nasty email. Genuine Mikuni would have been right choice . Live and learn

Old 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAdam View Post
Just got my jets for my Mikuni VM26, was running the stock one. Any advise on the install? I've never changed a jet before, zero experience. I'm at 600' elev. Gonna start w/ the 115. I also just got a 43mm Uni pod filter and the upgraded exhaust. First bike.... Cheers!

So I amreading this post and im allways interested in these posts because i like to make note of the jet people wind up with and the altitude they live at.

anyway, i saw 600' and thought huh im at 600' also somperfect, then i look left and now ice your from buffalo..

me too live in keisertown, we should ride sometime.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail32 View Post
Well dang it , I bought same one . What's worse is I paid real Mikuni price for it . Oh well!! As long as Mikuni jets work I am fine with it , other than over paying .
A huge thanks for all , your info is priceless . Well in my case $40
Fakuni did make me chuckle a bit . Seller is getting a nasty email. Genuine Mikuni would have been right choice . Live and learn
The knock-offs are the way to go. They work well. The originals might have fit problems, as a lot you can buy now (at least the genuine ones I could find) are spigot mount, you'd need a flange adapter for our bikes.

These Mikuni clones are used everywhere. They're pretty good.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
The knock-offs are the way to go. They work well. The originals might have fit problems, as a lot you can buy now (at least the genuine ones I could find) are spigot mount, you'd need a flange adapter for our bikes.

These Mikuni clones are used everywhere. They're pretty good.
This is a roller coaster ride
One minute I am bummed out, next minute I am about ready to pee my pants with excitement .
Seriously, you guys rock. I enjoy making mistakes that turn out to in my favor . Any lottery numbers picks handy for me while I am here
Thanks again
Rail

Old 03-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #26

I also have the copy. I have a VM32 spigot mount on my 1980 KX125. It is stock and uses a rubber adapter to hold the reed valve cage in and hose clamp to attach the carb to it.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #27

I was feeling bad about hijacking the thread. Glad this info is helpful to others. So I'll use ARH's instructions with this carb and see what happens. I'm confused enough about carbs and now I'm going down a side street with knock offs. I saw mikuni on the side of the carb and thought it was real. Naive redneck no understand Chinese business practices.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooter View Post
I was feeling bad about hijacking the thread. Glad this info is helpful to others. So I'll use ARH's instructions with this carb and see what happens. I'm confused enough about carbs and now I'm going down a side street with knock offs. I saw mikuni on the side of the carb and thought it was real. Naive redneck no understand Chinese business practices.
If it will accept Mikuni pilot jets, and has a five slot needle, it will work for you. You probably don't need the other Mikuni features, which I have explored on Hawk Talk...ARH

Old 03-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #29

Someone ought to do the legwork and make a table of all these carb settings for different users, I'm sure it would be useful.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
If it will accept Mikuni pilot jets, and has a five slot needle, it will work for you. You probably don't need the other Mikuni features, which I have explored on Hawk Talk...ARH
The copies only use Mikuni jets. I bought some of those Wings jets from Amazon but they didn't fit. I wish I had a better picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (91.3 KB, 262 views)