Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #1

Polisport Halo H4 Headlight - Opinions wanted

I'm considering getting this headlight for my Lifan 200gy5. So I'm tossing the link out there to get opinions. http://www.partscounterplus.com/ATV/..._Lighting.html (scroll down a little)

One: The website, has anyone had reputable dealings or heard anything about them. Two: Which color would look best on my bike which is blue, white and black.

I know I could always paint it to match but I'd rather make the coolest decision right off the bat. I think the headlight would look hella cool on my bike.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Haven't had dealings with the website.
The blue one would be nice, but I bet the colors won't be close.
White would look good, like a number plate.

I switched my GY-5 over to an H-4 bulb and definitely liked the increased amount of light.
Bill

Old 06-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #3

Any problems with the stock unit? Trying to save weight?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #4

I don't know anything about this vendor. However, I mounted a Polisport fender on my Zong, and I like it very much; I think Polisport makes good products. If you have time, please post some photos of your bike. The photos will help us to suggest the right color for the Polisport Halo.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #5

The main "problem" with the stock headlight is I don't like it, just don't like the shape and size for some reason. :roll:

I suppose there are a couple of legitimate reasons to replace it, a few of my crashes have broken some of the plastic screw holders (I guess that's what you'd call them) that hold stuff in place.

That's a picture of my bike when it was fresh out of the crate from the now defunct Rabbitscooters.

Ah, so shiney, clean and young..... It had no idea what it was in for. :twisted:

Maybe what I'll do, when I get it all done, is put the "new" one in the exact spot and do a before and after shot.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #6

Your blue bike looks nice. Of course, if you are replacing the headlight cowl, you can choose any color you want, and repaint the rest of the bike to match with Krylon Fusion spray paint. You can also install a Polisport fender to get a perfect color match with your new headlight cowl.

I enjoy before and after photos; please do consider posting them!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #7

It's a nice enough looking headlight but I don't see where it's adjustable. You really need this or you will be fiddling with the straps and spacers.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #8

i have a polisport on mine and really like it, it mounts on to the old mounts in two places without modification.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #9

The one on Wild's bike is not the same as you are looking at, Thorgram. His is adjustable but doesn't have the H4 bulb.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #10

I got the new light yesterday, I went with the white on black halo one. Haven't installed it yet but it seems to have a million different pieces so I don't think compatability will be an issue. Also the white piece is removable so If I wanted to paint the black part to match my blue bike, it would be really easy to do that. Something to note however is some of the small print on the package that says, "Not legal for road use". Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

The website I got it from made me a little nervous as it took them a couple of days to respond to an email I sent them on the 6th day, but they eventually responded and provided me with a tracking number so I was able to check it's status with UPS.

I'll be sure to slap a picture up on here once I get it installed.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #11

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Where are these pictures I've been waiting for! 8)

Old 08-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
Where are these pictures I've been waiting for! 8)
X2!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #13

Hey Brothers! Sorry it's been almost a year, alot has happened, broken garage door, broken HVAC on the house all equals lack of funds, lack of motivation etc.

But since tax season was good this year I've been able to pick up the project again. If you care to do some back reading here is the original thread that started this one.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...995&highlight=

I chose to continue it on this one since this one is shorter.

I did some searching last saturday and found a brand new head, piston, rings and gasket from an ebay dealer for $60 + shipping. I got it today! I nearly fell over in shock! So OF COURSE I had to start working on it this evening and have been documenting the process with pictures and will put them up in the future.

If anyone is interested in the seller I can post it. Another little tidbit I got out of this too is what I ordered was titled, "Cylinder Big Bore kit Honda CG 200cc Pit Bike Moped ATV"

I wish the local dealer would see this sort of thing and stop being such a terd about turning me away whenever I mention "Chinese" enduro. The sucker is fitting like a glove! It was almost an orgasmic experience to put the new piston on and slide the new head over it, such beauty and compression.... *ahem* yes. It's going to be good to get things rolling again!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #14

Oh yes, while I'm thinking about it.....

Any suggestions for a suspension and or swing arm upgrade that would fit my bike and NOT break the bank? I figure I need to lock in my purchases soon before the wifey sees how much tax refund money is in the account.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #15

Try the Yamaha R6 rear shock. I got one off ebay for 20 bucks delivered.

The top mounting hole is 10mm instead of 12mm. Eye to eye is the same. A little softer spring rate, but much more travel.