Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #1

Roketa DB40 (aka GY6)

Some of you may recall I had a Hibird 250, which is a GY2. And it had crappy frame and suspension, but I did really like the light weight. I found this GY6 for pure dirt only. So priorities are the frame and suspension. Please take a look at the suspension linkage below. Did China fix the lack of travel problem that plagued the GY2 and GY5? I wonder how this suspension stack up against the Qlink?

http://www.nationalwholesaletools.co...del-DB-40.html

Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #2

Personally, I would look into the Qlink.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #3

Your linkage looks like gy2 and gy5 . there are a few threads on here about different mods and shocks .

Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #4

That looks to be inspired by the Honda Pro-link. If you install a longer link (shaped like a dog bone), I believe you'll lower the seat height.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #5

The rear link on the GY6 looks like the ones on GY2/5. But I wonder if the lengths of the linkages on the GY6 have been changed. The GY2/5 have linkages that would bind; thus the amount of travel is ridiculously low, like 3 inches.

Looks like this discussion is really moot. Because, as it turns out, that website doesn't actually sell the GY6s.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #6

here's a link showing gy-2 linkage mods for lowering .http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...light=lowering

Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
The rear link on the GY6 looks like the ones on GY2/5. But I wonder if the lengths of the linkages on the GY6 have been changed. The GY2/5 have linkages that would bind; thus the amount of travel is ridiculously low, like 3 inches.

Looks like this discussion is really moot. Because, as it turns out, that website doesn't actually sell the GY6s.
Not sure about all the GY2's but on my Hibird 250, the shock limits travel. My shock recently siezed and I am in the process of changing to an R6 shock. All the travel is now there so I dont think it was an issue with linkage.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #8

I can also say that with the R6 rear shock , i have at least 3 " of drop when i sit on my bike and it has lots of remaining compression . very plush and controlled ride with the adjustments on the shock .