Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #1

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Personally, I am not a fan of big government. :( If you are interested in discovering where you land on the political landscape, you might enjoy taking the World's Smallest Political Quiz.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #2

Big or small, left or right, I just wish they would have some form of accountability and honesty to them.

Edit: found a good video for Canadians

Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #3

My dot fell on the far north end.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
My dot fell on the far north end.
So did mine, brother Allen!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #5

I just think back to why my ancestors decided to leave their home countries. I was not because of government handouts, but government hands off.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #6

WTH? I'm not a Libertarian, am I? I guess it's because I checked the middle on the issue regarding the legal use of drugs by adults.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
WTH? I'm not a Libertarian, am I? I guess it's because I checked the middle on the issue regarding the legal use of drugs by adults.
I did too. I don't think its the government's responsibility.

We created a nation of crying wusses.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #8

The Libertarian philosophy believes the best government is the least government. Most people want individual freedom; however, these same people frequently want to use the government to force others to conform to either their economic, or personal viewpoints.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #9

Or religious viewpoint. Not meant to offend, but I thought it should be mentioned too...

My dot was in the top left of the middle triangle, I guess I want it every which way?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #10

"Liberterian/Conservative" Right on the line.
Let me take care of myself and I'll let you do the same.
Bill

Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Or religious viewpoint. Not meant to add, but I thought it should be mentioned too...
That is very true, Jim. People deserve the personal freedom to live theirs lives as they please, so long as they do not endanger other people, or the property of others. Many people wish to impose their religious beliefs, or the lack thereof, upon others, and they enlist the power of the government to enforce their wishes.

The five, distinct, political philosophies are summarized on the political quiz scoring page:

Libertarian (Small Government)
Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

Left (Liberal)
Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Centrist
Centrists espouse a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as practical" solutions to problems.

Right (Conservative)
Conservatives tend to favor economic freedom, but frequently support laws to restrict personal behavior that violates "traditional values." They oppose excessive government control of business, while endorsing government action to defend morality and the traditional family structure. Conservatives usually support a strong military, oppose bureaucracy and high taxes, favor a free-market economy, and endorse strong law enforcement.

Statist (Big Government)
Statists want government to have a great deal of power over the economy and individual behavior. They frequently doubt whether economic liberty and individual freedom are practical options in today's world. Statists tend to distrust the free market, support high taxes and centralized planning of the economy, oppose diverse lifestyles, and question the importance of civil liberties.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #12

leave me the hell alone

Freedom from living under the commies in Russia and Poland after WWII brought my fathers family here. They spent the war in a German labor camp and then in a displaced persons camp (refugees as we call them now) after the war. They didnt come to this counrty for more of what they left over there. They came here for freedom - policital, religious and economic.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #13

Re: leave me the hell alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokarev
Freedom from living under the commies in Russia and Poland after WWII brought my fathers family here. They spent the war in a German labor camp and then in a displaced persons camp (refugees as we call them now) after the war. They didnt come to this counrty for more of what they left over there. They came here for freedom - policital, religious and economic.
We have similar stories. My parents survived Auschwitz. I'm first generation born in American, and apparantly I'm a Libertarian. 8O

Mostly I'm a Christian. Worldy govenment is futile. 8)

Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #14

first generation too

One of the labor camps my fathers family labored in was in the Auschwitz area - from what I understand there was a series of camps in that area. In addition to the wartime detention forced on my dads family - My grandfather was arrested by Stalins welcome wagons during the Purges in the thirties - when Stalin ordered all firearms turned in my grandfather kept a shotgun and got caught. Most who were caught were killed - somehow he got out of that mess with his life. My grandfather always had a rifle up on the wall of his house - I didnt know why untill much later after he had died......