Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #16

I was looking hard at the grey-market Yanmar's and the Chinese tractors. I was all set to travel to NY state to pick up a reconditioned Yanmar but found a Mitsubishi with loader local; much less hassle to purchase. I'm very please with it so far and I'm stoked to try ploughing in the Spring; picked up a single-furrow plow last fall.

The loader and scraper blade have proven invaluable this Winter and it skids logs like nobody's business.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #17

My brother in law picked up a twin cylinder diesel Yanmar from a widow lady that wasn't running for $500... It has a 3 point hitch rototiller and a lawnmower attatchment for it. It was an easy fix to get it running, and he felt guilty so offered it back to her so she could resell it for more. She said she was fine with the price and was happy he got it running. So, he has an awesome rototiller for the acerage! Kind of a neat little thing, looks just like a full sized tractor scaled down.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
I was looking hard at the grey-market Yanmar's and the Chinese tractors..
I know. It's unbelievable what you can get for 'relatively' low cost today. Thing is, you can guarantee they're like a Chinese ATV. You will need to tinker, modify, substitute, etc.. Something like this for instance. Northern Tool. Diesel 4x4 w/ front end loader shipped to the door for $10K. That's less that what it would cost you for a name brand 4x4 quad or a small utility vehicle.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5616_200395616

Joel

Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #19

In my quest for parts/info on my tractors I came across a tractor site and they were discussing the chinese loader tractors not dissing them but a member had one that cracked in half between the engine and trans.(major repair)

Others had chimed in on how it was common and that the chinese tractors werent built as well as other brand tractors.
Although it was mentioned that even the best built tractors could break like that if misused.

I doubt I'd place much faith in a chinese tractor just yet.
Or if I did get one with a bucket I'd make sure it had additional framing running front to back to help support the added stress's applied.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #20

o.k. its time for my confession, i am looking into carrying yanmar, no it doesnt mean im not going to carry bikes, for some odd reason im getting tired of dealing with cars,mostly the people that own them. i understand that a lot of people cant afford a large break down, but it happens when they save money on maintenance. the part that get me is its somehow my fault. im also tired for having people who do not work prey on those who have, i think, think, i have had 2 acts of theft or terrorism in the last year. (my rant is over) also i have a friend who does the northern warranty work he told me the earlier one had problems but like everything else they too are getting better. so like the bikes it depends on who makes it, wonder if zong makes a tractor, backhoe or excavator :roll:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #21

You can't beat a Yanmar. I have a Great Uncle who purchased a 2wd Yanmar tractor in the late 1970's, early 80's. He's since sold it, but it was a tank and served him well for mowing (very ruff mowing), plowing, raking, dragging, etc. John Deere had run Yanmar diesels in their smaller tractors for probably 25yrs now. *edit* IIRC, my uncle's was just like this one, except he unbolted the exhaust and rotated it up 90deg vertical:

Joel

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #22

Phil, Do you have alot of small hobby farms in your area? If so you would probably do well. Yanmar has a good product. Brand recognition also.

I would be leary of the china tractor too. The buy-in is alittle more than a chinabike. Too much to invest into an unknown.