Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #1

Thinking of adding an RX4

I've been on this forum since last November when my new Brozz Recon arrived... it and my sons Tao DBX1 last June have been my intro to Chinese bikes and i am impressed with the simplicity, initial durability and fun factor..
The Brozz has been great... although it did need personalization and performance enhancements to the tune of $500 to get it where i think it needs to be and for $2500 total is quite a bargain still.. the only thing it lacks which is that dang 6th gear preventing it from being an all-arounder capable of highway use comfortably.
So im thinking of an RX4 as that perfect all-arounder, triple the power (stock) of the Brozz, wind protection, EFI, pretty well sorted from the factory, ie.. dont see the need to throw money at it right away, and will be able to attack gravel, back roads, as well as all-day street cruising including highways with ease for $5400.
Although my son will soon (only) be 14, he has advanced at riding well enough to tackle all the off-road that we have done so far.. he was a new rider last June but is a very fast learner Currently to get to the best off-road riding near us we need to drive on the street for about 3 miles and then take a gravel turn-off.. Since my Brozz is plated and insured I was thinking it would be safer for him to ride that bike with no fear of being pulled over vs his DBX1 which would be a cop magnet if any were around at the time.. and that has led me to thoughts of the RX4
I only see a few threads on here and have browsed them as well as YouTube videos and the bike looks great from what i see. I did watch the video of it vs the Himalayan and they definitely did some tough riding where the RX4 needed pushing at times.. this brings me to my question..
would the RX4 work well enough off-road when riding with the Brozz? or is it mostly a road and gravel bike? Also, im assuming the quality and reliability is at least on par with the Brozz or better and any comments on that are welcome as well as any other considerations or advice..
Thanks

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X