Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #1

Head Scratching Jonway YY350-9A CDI?

Hello ! You all seem very nice, and helpful so I created an account in search of help for my poor little China motorcycle. I have a Vitacci 250cc GTO (Jonway YY350-9A). It has a weird issue recently where one cylinder is not firing unless at high RPM. I have changed the plugs in hopes that was the issue. Then my dad asked me to swap the spark cables around to see if the issue persists. The same cylinder was not firing unless at high RPM. So he had me unplug the spark cable on the right side (if sitting on it), and the bike died. Put it back on, started bike again, tried the same thing on the left side, and the bike remained running. My dad suggested buying a replacement ECU, and CDI. I found the ECU, and ordered it. I can find the CDI online, but not sure which one to buy. Also not sure where it goes on the bike. From the images I saw I can't find the part on my bike. Would anyone have one of these bikes or a version of it, and would be willing to either tell me where the CDI goes or send me a picture of where it goes? I would be extremely grateful!

Tags
jonway, venom, vitacci, yy350-9a