Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2023, 09:10 PM   #16

Well , I was expecting company this evening, so I didn't take time to get my camera perfect, but was wanting to see what a short video on 1080P 30 frames per second would do. I hooked up the external microphone, and had it in the helmet, but it was still recording off the external microphone, at least I hope it was because all I could hear was wind. I feel confident that I could record and down load a lot longer videos at that resolution, or maybe 2080P, and 60 frames per second. I am trying one of the long ones on higher 4k resolution that I made yesterday on the old laptop that's around here as of now. Since I know that it's normal to take a good while to get a long video on YouTube, and if the laptop does it well, then I will just let them upload all night if I have to. I warn you ,If you watch this turn your volume down to nothing, or next to nothing. I'm relieved just to get this meesley clip uploaded, but at least I am on the right track now.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:47 AM   #17

Here is one that I took yesterday, and tried using an old laptop that one of the kids left here. It hadn't been used for years, and I think it was either too old to make the video quality great, OR it could be the fact that I down loaded the pictures onto the computer first using an adapter that fit in a standard size SD slot. Maybe if I would have left the card in the computer it would have did better. I had my camera better as far as up, and down, but when I put my visor down, it filmed through it. It also looks like I drive in the middle of the road when I look through a curve. LOL.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 11-05-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:43 AM   #18

I tried mounting my AKASO EK 7000 pro on my helmet and didn't like how recordings showed the lean angle of my helmet but not the bike's. Then I tried attaching it to the windshield but I finally settled on this suction cup mount....

https://www.amazon.com/OctinPris-Windscreen-Universal-Windshield-Camcorder/dp/B07G11FNYV/ref=sr_1_19?crid=3EIUP5WO2T91A&keywords=suction+cu p+camera+mount&qid=1687393642&sprefix=suction+cup+ camera+mount+%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-19

and stuck it to my KPR's gas tank. Just using the internal mic with the camera inside the waterproof casing from AKASO there is still plenty of wind noise but the engine can be heard. For example....

Old 11-05-2023, 12:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
I tried mounting my AKASO EK 7000 pro on my helmet and didn't like how recordings showed the lean angle of my helmet but not the bike's. Then I tried attaching it to the windshield but I finally settled on this suction cup mount....

https://www.amazon.com/OctinPris-Win...%2C141&sr=8-19

and stuck it to my KPR's gas tank. Just using the internal mic with the camera inside the waterproof casing from AKASO there is still plenty of wind noise but the engine can be heard. For example....

I wondered how you got that angle. Very nice. I like your vids and definitely like the sound of your bike, but looking thru that windscreen on your bike distorts too much and I can only watch for so long.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 11-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #20

I re did my helmet mount, and was messing with settings, and did not realize that I had to actually set it for external mic. I had seen one option when I first got it for voice record, on, or off. I have it on, assuming it is correct to have it on. I also somehow have it on a 5 minute loop, and I can change the loop time,I haven't figured out how I turned it on, or how to turn loop off. I think I may like it on loop, so I will give it a shot. Should the microphone go in the helmet, or under my jacket, or in a pocket? I just know nothing about any of this. I thought it would be almost like taking, and posting pictures.

Old 11-05-2023, 03:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Here is one that I took yesterday, and tried using an old laptop that one of the kids left here. It hadn't been used for years, and I think it was either too old to make the video quality great, OR it could be the fact that I down loaded the pictures onto the computer first using an adapter that fit in a standard size SD slot. Maybe if I would have left the card in the computer it would have did better. I had my camera better as far as up, and down, but when I put my visor down, it filmed through it. It also looks like I drive in the middle of the road when I look through a curve. LOL.
You did everything fine and it won't affect the video quality. You are just copying files from one media to another. I put my 64gb micro sd into a compact flash adapter to copy them onto a laptop, then to a flash drive and over to my desktop for editing. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 530, which is ancient. It shipped with Windows Vista, to give you an idea. I have Windows 7 Ultimate running on it and had the RAM maxed out, but I have a bad slot so had to pull and running 2 x 2GB RAM, so a total of 4GB. Upgraded the video card to the max it would handle and slapped in a WiFi card. It does fine. Been posting from it this whole time.

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 11-05-2023, 03:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Well , I was expecting company this evening, so I didn't take time to get my camera perfect, but was wanting to see what a short video on 1080P 30 frames per second would do. I hooked up the external microphone, and had it in the helmet, but it was still recording off the external microphone, at least I hope it was because all I could hear was wind. I feel confident that I could record and down load a lot longer videos at that resolution, or maybe 2080P, and 60 frames per second. I am trying one of the long ones on higher 4k resolution that I made yesterday on the old laptop that's around here as of now. Since I know that it's normal to take a good while to get a long video on YouTube, and if the laptop does it well, then I will just let them upload all night if I have to. I warn you ,If you watch this turn your volume down to nothing, or next to nothing. I'm relieved just to get this meesley clip uploaded, but at least I am on the right track now.

You may have to change the quality setting on YouTube before you play it. Mine defaulted to 360P, which is crappy. As soon as I switched to 1080P, man, very nice!

Old 11-05-2023, 05:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
You may have to change the quality setting on YouTube before you play it. Mine defaulted to 360P, which is crappy. As soon as I switched to 1080P, man, very nice!
I recorded some today in blocks of 5 minutes, I used the corded microphone, and got absolutely no wind noise. I put the mic down inside my jacket between my tee shirt, and sweat shirt. The motor is most of what you can hear. It did not pick my voice up real good. I have been recording in 1080P at 30 frame per second. I have the very first video that I made after getting the camera in the old laptop now, and one of the 5 minute videos I took today on this phone trying to upload both on YouTube, but on different profiles. I think I will make a fuzzy type thing for my mic, like I seen a guy on YouTube using, and try that next. I also went with a chin mount, but didn't have the camera pointed up quite far enough, even though I thought I did when I sat it up using my phone,and it linked through WiFi. It's new to me, and enjoyable, but I need to get a better way to upload.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:27 AM   #24

Quote:
I re did my helmet mount, and was messing with settings, and did not realize that I had to actually set it for external mic. I had seen one option when I first got it for voice record, on, or off. I have it on, assuming it is correct to have it on. I also somehow have it on a 5 minute loop, and I can change the loop time,I haven't figured out how I turned it on, or how to turn loop off. I think I may like it on loop, so I will give it a shot. Should the microphone go in the helmet, or under my jacket, or in a pocket? I just know nothing about any of this. I thought it would be almost like taking, and posting pictures.
I like breaking my videos down into 3-5 minute sections. It makes it easier for editing. The mic is best in the helmet. Tucking it behind the padding in the helmet will reduce wind noise. I hate when I forget to set my mic to external mic. I'm thinking I'm going to have some good video only to heard a bunch of wind noise from the camera mic. I did that last weekend.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-06-2023, 01:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I like breaking my videos down into 3-5 minute sections. It makes it easier for editing. The mic is best in the helmet. Tucking it behind the padding in the helmet will reduce wind noise. I hate when I forget to set my mic to external mic. I'm thinking I'm going to have some good video only to heard a bunch of wind noise from the camera mic. I did that last weekend.
My recording yesterday was in 5 minute clips, but the resolution was too low. I am going to try 2.7 k next. My chin mount wasn't tilted quite far enough back either, but I redid it, and it should be ok now. I actually had several 5 minute clips, but I just have 3 up now. I don't know anything about editing, but I guess I will have to learn. Here is the first of the 3 clips. And if you want to see the other 2 you can see them on YouTube, but I will just link this one.

Old 11-06-2023, 01:21 PM   #26

Quote:
My recording yesterday was in 5 minute clips, but the resolution was too low. I am going to try 2.7 k next. My chin mount wasn't tilted quite far enough back either, but I redid it, and it should be ok now. I actually had several 5 minute clips, but I just have 3 up now. I don't know anything about editing, but I guess I will have to learn. Here is the first of the 3 clips. And if you want to see the other 2 you can see them on YouTube, but I will just link this one.
1080 is more than enough for You Tube. When you first upload your video it will play at a lower resolution until You Tube finishes processing. Also When watching any video on You Tube, you will need to go to setting on that video to watch at 1080 unless you have the 1080 set as default for watching. You Tube automatically will play the video at a resolution best for your connected internet speed. I use KineMaster free version for editing on my phone and tablet. Window also has some free editing programs on the Microsoft store.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-07-2023, 08:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
1080 is more than enough for You Tube. When you first upload your video it will play at a lower resolution until You Tube finishes processing. Also When watching any video on You Tube, you will need to go to setting on that video to watch at 1080 unless you have the 1080 set as default for watching. You Tube automatically will play the video at a resolution best for your connected internet speed. I use KineMaster free version for editing on my phone and tablet. Window also has some free editing programs on the Microsoft store.
I don't have great internet, and have 2 Roku , and phones, and that old laptop on the WiFi. YouTube had my videos playing at 320, and I went to put them on 1080P, and they would stop and buffer every few seconds, but when I put them on 720 they did pretty good. It seems like when going fast through areas with a lot of leaves in trees close to the road, it gets blurry, but gets better out in the open more. I made uploaded a clip of riding the KPX with the microphone in the helmet, and it sounds ok, but I don't have a good speaking voice. I will link it . I also have 3 Hawk videos in sequence on the channel, all 5 minute clips. I have several more of that ride, but quite uploading them because they were blurry, but knowing now that you can change video quality on YouTube, I may upload the rest here in a few days