Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion

Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 AM   #1

Advanti Powersports

Considering a bike, and I found the TEMC200 at Advanti Powersports (via Cragslist). From my brief research on this site it seems the TEMC200 is one of the more available bikes in the states, as repairability is naturally a concern.

I've only seen Advanti mentioned in one other thread on here. I'm wondering if anyone can comment on them as a dealer, or have alternative suggestions for the Phoenix area. Their advertisement is a little more than I would like to pay but if they have parts available it might be worth it.

I haven't been over to see them yet - I'm actually in Shanghai right now. Hopefully in a few weeks I can get moving on this, I still need to take a riders course also. Thanks, and nice community you have here.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

If that price includes assembled, testing and picked up at the dealer then it is not a bad price. If you can handle the relatively simple assembly yourself you could have that bike shipped to your front door for about $500.00 less. I would not base my decision on availability of parts from the dealer. These are China bikes, sooner than later you are going to be sourcing your own parts from the net.

What kind of dealer service and warranty are they offering with the bike? That could make a pretty big influence on purchasing the bike from them.

/

Old 03-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #3

I live in Yuma, so have not had the chance to get out to the Phoenix area to see them in person, but I have spoken with the main sales guy (maybe owner) and he seem very much on the up and up. I will PM you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #4

Thanks for the fast replies. This doesn't need to be a fast purchase so I'll take a look at the dealership when I'm back stateside in a week or two - ironically my corporate internet blocks their website so I haven't looked too closely beyond the CraigsList ad (which I forgot in the original post: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/snd/4948283299.html). Looks like the warranty is factory only, so if I don't see an issue on a test drive it is my issue.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #5

Advanti will be backed by the distributor, Excalibur, on any warranty issue--Excalibur has sold bikes directly to end users, but now that they are TGB's distributor, they are busier than ever; not that you won't get taken care of, but they would rather you have the issues (and sales) taken care of by one of their dealers if you have one nearby, which you do!

The factory is relatively near you in Jiangsu--maybe you can contact them and see the bikes in their 'natural habitat' if you have the time?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The factory is relatively near you in Jiangsu--maybe you can contact them and see the bikes in their 'natural habitat' if you have the time?
I wish I could; the tours of manufactures I've seen have looked very cool. Unfortunately I'm in the country for work and relatively busy; on top of that I can barely count to ten in Chinese which limits my traveling to Shanghai metro typically.

I am in the area yearlyish and maybe with some foreplanning I'll make it next time. With some manufacturing experience myself it is always interesting to see the Chinese factories; they skimp in just the right places.