Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2023, 04:13 PM   #1

2022 RX3 Mystery rattle 6000rpm-8000RPM Help!!!

Good afternoon everyone. First time posting and using a forum. Bear with me. I bought a 2022 CSC RX3. I have produced a rattle vibration and i cannot put my finger on, it might have always been there cause i did not notice it until after 500 miles when i starting brining the RPMS up. I have absolutely checked everything i can think of. Around 6k-8k i get loud rattle where i am bout to wear ear plugs. I checked all engine mounts, engine guards, skid plate every bolt i can see. I pulled the exhaust just to make sure they installed an exhaust gasket. It was there but i still replaced it anyways. Could not find my stethoscope so used a screw driver. Engine feels smooth, the most noise/vibration i can find it right on the exhaust, but still not sure. i pulled off the skid plate and heat shield and the noise was still there. I took it to a local motorcycle shop to make sure it was not engine noise. They said the engine sounded fine, but i cannot find this rattle it is driving me nuts.

Rattle is there in Neutral, its there with clutch lever pulled in, its there moving or not. Has anyone had a similar issue.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Ten85; 07-27-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:15 PM   #2

My guess is to check the valve lash...might be loose?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-27-2023, 06:55 PM   #3

Valves are good. That what i thought maybe. First adjusted them to .08 mm went back and put them at .06 mm and all is good there.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:17 PM   #4

Found out what it was. Engine was bad and blew up 400 miles after this post. Sounds like a crank or rod. CSC is sending me a new engine. Fantastic customer service. lets hope this engine is not bad..

Last edited by Ten85; 08-02-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:42 PM   #5

I was gonna suggest plastics, 'cause mine rattled pretty loud at certain RPM's until I found that forward bolt and cinched it down.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 11-06-2023, 08:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten85 View Post
Found out what it was. Engine was bad and blew up 400 miles after this post. Sounds like a crank or rod. CSC is sending me a new engine. Fantastic customer service. lets hope this engine is not bad..
Are you back on the road with the new engine?