Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 10:59 PM   #1

TT250 rear axle adjuster plates

Has anyone found any pre-made billet aluminum rear axle adjuster plates that fit the stock CSC TT250 swingarm? The stock stamped steel plates are some of the more glaring of the cheesy-China items on this bike that I'd like to upgrade. I've searched high and low on amazon, ebay, aliexpress, temu, etc. and found a few that are close, but no cigar. They typically only give the outside dimensions (if they give dimensions at all) and all that I've found that are close are off on the long length by being too long. I suppose I could buy a set and then mill them down to fit but if I'm going to go to that trouble I may as well just mill a set from billet myself. Not that I'm opposed to doing that, it's just that a pre-made set for $10-$20 off of one of these sites would be preferable just to avoid the hassle. For what it's worth, the outside measurements on the back of the rectangular box section swingarm on the 2024 CSC TT250 are 30mm x 50mm, if that helps.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a lead on any they've found that work.

The attached images are of the closest ones I've found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	30933   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	30934  

Last edited by superjocko; 03-08-2024 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo

Old 03-08-2024, 12:24 PM   #2

hmm interesting thread for sure! I looked around a bit and found some made for other bikes, like the gs 500, or the ktm 50 sx, but as you mentioned, almost zero with actual dimensions listed.. frustrating! those ones you found look to be the closest that I have found as well. following along

Old 03-13-2024, 04:26 PM   #3

I ended up ordering the ones in attached picture. They're available on aliexpress under the description, "Chain Adjuster Swingarm End Cap For KAWASAKI NINJA 400 300 250R 250SL Z400 Z250 Z300 VERSYS-X 300 250 Motorcycle Accessories". I'll cut and mill them to size when they arrive. I'll post up the finished product when I get it done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	30981  

Old 03-13-2024, 06:25 PM   #4

So for any Waldos that may pass by in the future and wind up reading this, the Secret Wisdom about chain adjuster backing plates bears repeating since people tend to get the wrong end of the stick on this one.

The adjustment plates do not bear any load during operation or riding. At all. Ever. Even during "hard" off road riding.

All the chain adjustment mechanism does is provide a convenient way to pull the axle rearward in a controlled manner when the axle nut is loosened. All of the load is borne by the axle nut and the head on the axle on the other side. The adjusters can be missing completely and your bike will still be 100% safe to ride (although you will become annoyed the next time you adjust the chain in that case). They can be made out of the cheapest, flimsiest, lousiest Chinesum to no ill effect whatsoever.

You can replace them with anything. The go-to solution all the off road nerds I've ridden with employ is to just replace the plate with a regular fender washer if it gets lost in the field someplace.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
So for any Waldos that may pass by in the future and wind up reading this, the Secret Wisdom about chain adjuster backing plates bears repeating since people tend to get the wrong end of the stick on this one.

The adjustment plates do not bear any load during operation or riding. At all. Ever. Even during "hard" off road riding.

All the chain adjustment mechanism does is provide a convenient way to pull the axle rearward in a controlled manner when the axle nut is loosened. All of the load is borne by the axle nut and the head on the axle on the other side. The adjusters can be missing completely and your bike will still be 100% safe to ride (although you will become annoyed the next time you adjust the chain in that case). They can be made out of the cheapest, flimsiest, lousiest Chinesum to no ill effect whatsoever.

You can replace them with anything. The go-to solution all the off road nerds I've ridden with employ is to just replace the plate with a regular fender washer if it gets lost in the field someplace.
All true, but none of that prevents them from looking like complete crap. To each their own.

Last edited by superjocko; 03-13-2024 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo

Old 03-30-2024, 08:39 PM   #6

Got them milled down and installed

I finally got those plates that came on the slow boat from China. I got them milled down and fit up. I'll do a little more clean-up by way of putting a radius on the corners and then slap some black paint on them.

It's definitely nicer to not have to fiddle with the stock rectangular plates to get them centered side to side and top to bottom when adjusting the axle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	31115   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	31116   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	31117   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	31118  
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:23 PM   #7

Finished

Here are the swingarm end plates in their final fitted form. In my opinion, they clean up the look at the back of the swingarm. As previously mentioned, it's nice to have them fiddle-free, unlike the stock plates.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	31145   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	31146  
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:37 PM   #8

that looks much better.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjocko View Post
All true, but none of that prevents them from looking like complete crap. To each their own.
I really don't care what they look like, BUT, as thin as the metal of the swingarm is, I make sure the little lip on my plates is facing down, because I figured that as long as the lip is at the bottom, and turned inward, it's allowing the plate to carry some pressure, and possibly keep the axle bolt from possibly wearing the slot in the thin steel box tubing out as easily. I have seen them with the lip facing up as well, and it probably really doesn't matter, but I like mine facing down.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 04-03-2024 at 10:06 AM.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:22 AM   #10

We had a Bashan Storm (Brozz, Recon), which had that type of swingarm and stamped plates with pullback rings on the axel. The TBR7 which we briefly had also had one like it.

It is annoying to try to adjust the axel and have that stupid plate loosen and drop all the time. It always begged for a third hand. As long as there are models out there with the cast axel slot with the pushback style adjuster (KPX, Templars...), I will never buy one of those box steel/plate setups again. I guess they are adequate and you get used to dealing with it, but people need to know before they buy these bikes- Chain adjustment is a common and frequent activity on a dirtbike. Pushback adjusters have been around a long time. It adds a little to the cost of production, but these bikes are so inexpensive, it is worth it in my opinion.

Those red plates with inset blocks (OP) should help a lot. Good upgrade.