Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #1

RX3 recommendations June 2019?

Hi, I'm joining the RX3 family next week, picking up a used one. I've been reading everything I can, and I have to say this forum is simply outstanding. But so much of the interesting content was put up in maybe 2015 or 2016, so I'm just checking on a few things so see if anything's changed or these things are still recommended now?

1. Oil change and oil filter. The bike is a 2018, with under 500 miles. I'm thinking of changing the oil before riding it much. Is there any cross-compatible oil filter available in the US, or a HiFlo model or anything?

2. Sprockets. At one point Spud had highly endorsed a 13T/46T combination. Is that still the way to go? Does it impair highway speed much? Intended use is lots of trails and highway to/from those trails.

3. Big bore kit. Read a few glowing reviews on the 283cc big bore kit, and I can see adding that after the warranty runs out. But there was also a 300cc kit, and I don't think I've seen any reviews on that. Has the 283cc proven reliable? Has the 300cc proven reliable? Would you go for one now?

4. SpeedoDRD. I have one on my Benelli and love it, and plan to get one for the RX3. The review from 2015 says that none of the other DRD models fit the RX3. I found that the H1 model fit my Benelli, even though there's no good reason why it should, I guess. Here we are in 2019 -- is there a confirmed SpeedoDRD that fits the RX3? Or do we still have to splice wires?

5. Overheating. I think it was Spud or someone else said they ran into overheating with the 283cc kit. I ride in HOT climates a lot. Has overheating been an issue? Is it limited to the big-bore kit bikes? And has something arisen in the last few years that resolves it?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can offer!