Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
That may turn out to be a deciding factor for many .... I'm satisfied with my RX3 and while the RZ looks sharp Im not their target customer. I wish them great success.
18-25 audience perhaps?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #32

Both the RC and RZ are in a very competitive spot in the market. For now the RX3 is in its own niche, and the TT250 is super competitive in price (if you ignore the 1400 dollar Hawk).

I do hope they do well, CSC is a great company to buy from, I wish they sold every brand by mail lol.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:28 AM   #33

From csc blog

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-10-2016, 02:13 AM   #34

The more I look at the RZ3, the more I like it. But I'm a sucker for naked bikes with a standard seat position.

If I didn't already have the perfect 250 (my sweet RX3), it would be on my short list

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I can't find this picture on the blog. It looks like something broke off the cover under the C and the Y. The other pictures show that there a cap of some kind there. Is it on the RX?
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
I can't find this picture on the blog. It looks like something broke off the cover under the C and the Y. The other pictures show that there a cap of some kind there. Is it on the RX?
I can't find that picture on the blog either. But that circular thing is actually the sight glass for the oil level. Nothing broken there.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #37

Its in the middle of the trip I think past the gobi desert. This is where I lifted the pic from. Sure it's a Chinese domestic unit .not sure what our imports will look like

Old 08-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
I can't find that picture on the blog either. But that circular thing is actually the sight glass for the oil level. Nothing broken there.
Yep, that's right. Nothing broken.

That particular bike was at a dealer's in Xianyang. Nothing was broken on it, but it had a few scrapes and scratches. The RZ3 is already in service in China.

You would not believe the condition most of the motorcycles are in over there. They ride their bikes hard and put them away wet.

Our colors will be gray with a red frame, and white with a red frame, at least for the 2017 model year. They had a couple more colors on the Chinese version (all metallic red, and all metallic blue). Those look good, too, but I think ours will be better.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Its in the middle of the trip I think past the gobi desert. This is where I lifted the pic from. Sure it's a Chinese domestic unit .not sure what our imports will look like
One thing I might add, and it's the same comment Joe Gresh had on his FB page after he saw the RZ3...the photos don't do it justice. It is a very attractive motorcycle when you see the actual bike. We saw a lot of cool stuff over there.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Hmmm. The more I look at it the more it looks like it could be a protective cover. Do all of the Chinese versions say "Cyclone" on the engine covers?
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-10-2016, 11:35 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post

Our colors will be gray with a red frame, and white with a red frame, at least for the 2017 model year.

The color is listed as black on your website, rather than gray. Is it like a deep gray/gunmetal or what?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:49 PM   #42

http://www.sportrider.com/csc-announ...rz3-motorcycle

Old 08-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #43

The BARF thread linked on the blog is kind of hilarious.

It's irritating to see posts here (including mine) used as some form of a compilation against zongshen and CSC. What they left out was how most all of us have been happy with CSC and the bike despite having some issues on the way. Every bike I've had (except the Vstrom) has had some minor issues. All said I think CSC/Zong owners have been pretty straightforward about the bike, and CSC has been very honest to deal with. If your the type of owner who experiences cold sweats when someone puts a wrench in front of you or you accidently stray outside your AAA free towing range from a dealer this bike (or anything Italian) is probably not for you!

And I think one of them owns a KTM and is railing on Zongshen's reliability

Old 08-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #44

I read it ... typical ignorance and biased laced posts from the shallow end of the gene pool. One ass-clown in particular certainly appears to be a company hack for one of the major manufacturers. I've noted he hasn't posted for a bit ... mom probably told him to get off the computer for a while and out of the basement. They speak from a position of fear and ignorance. Fear that the Chinese products are going to upset the apple-cart, which they already are and will do more. Next time these folks are out riding they need to watch for a 2016/2017 Buick Envision. Completely Chinese made to ....get this .... an American company specs. Sound familiar? ? ? ? I know you floaters are reading ... here's the link : http://www.carscoops.com/2016/04/chi...vision-to.html . . . . . Ignorance because they've not thrown a leg over one or they depend on rectal drips giving terribly one sided staged youtube reviews designed to magnify purposely designed tasks for failure. We know what we have .... let the morons continue to overspend for big-brand recognition...... but they might want to check over their should from time to time as there will only be more of "us" out there chugging along and smiling on our China Bikes. .

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #45

I think CSC and Zongshen are in a very similar situation to Kia and Hyundai back in the 90s, they need to sell cheap and cover with the warranty until the brand builds some trust. Imagine how KIA or Hyundai would have turned out had they charged in expecting to price with the Japanese without a long warranty. They didn't, those cars had some issues but the warranty kept the owners feeling secure and they worked hard on reliability. Now nobody really bats an eye at Hyundai or KIA for quality. I think the same thing can happen with Zong if they build that trust. I expect the first few years to feel a bit Beta with issues but CSC has a ok warranty for a inexpensive bike. I think it ultimately comes down to the bikes surviving relatively trouble free for @20-30k for people to trust them.

I stopped by CSC this week while I'm traveling to pick up a few replacement items that I broke in Newfoundland and you've got to love 20 dollars to fix a fall, huge plus right there!