Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #1

txpowersports Experience 4/19

Review is now complete!

TL;DR My experience overall was excellent. Overall experience is a 9/10 with small gripes being time to recieve MCO/bill of sale and the shipment packaging quality. Communication was excellent thru out transaction. I would absolutely recommend TX and purchase again without hesitation.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent experience with txpowersports. After discovering motocheez I developed quite the Chinese fever. The purchase was the new 2019 TBR7 (rear disc brakes etc).

A little background of myself. I own a small power-sports repair business in TN and have owned every Yamaha quad ever made and many other Japanese and American quads/dirt/street-bikes/SXS's. I have played in the dirt, street and have dabbled with all things engines (RC's, Boats, Heli's you name it).

3/31/2019 (Sunday): I placed my order, using Motocheez product code and rush processing.

4/02/2019 (Monday): I received an email confirmation of product being shipped with tracking number. It stated that within 24-48 hours UPS would update the shipment and be able to track it properly.

4/03/2019 (Tuesday): The tracking number was able to be used and I could now follow the progress of my new TBR7.

4/04/2019 (Wednesday): UPS said it would be delivered 4/05/2019 (Thursday). UPS called me up, told me that they wouldn't be able to deliver to my area (rural) until Monday. Told them I wouldn't mind driving to Bristol Thursday to get it, if it arrives there on schedule. UPS had no issue with this.

4/05/2019 (Thursday): My friend and I (he also ordered one same day) drive down to UPS and pick up our machines (yay)! Overall the shipment time was spot on. 10/10.

4/06/2019 (Saturday): Still haven't received bill of sale/MCO. Spoke with customer support, they said I should receive by Tuesday-Friday. This isn't a huge issue, but definitely something that needs to be worked on. I need to receive my proof of ownership with the bike. Within a day or two is fine but this could potentially (will update) take an entire week after getting the machine. That would be unacceptable to me.

4/12/2019 (Friday): I received my MCO and went to title/register the machine in TN. Sales tax and registration fees were $193 and I had zero issues at the DMV.

Communication: There were several emails between me and tx customer support. They emailed me back Sunday evening at 10pm within an hour of my inquiry. Fantastic prompt feedback on the weekend. 10/10 here no questions about it, really great support. (will update if needed)

Shipment quality: The crate was okay, my friend had a broken weld that was supposed to mount to a dowel rod where the steering bar sits. My front headlight was trapped between front forks and the crate where it was damaged. The damage is fairly mild and nothing a little touch up paint can't fix. My friends bike was fine, but suffered from some scratch marks on gear case (left side). I would rate this a 7/10.

Guys, this bike has surprised me. I've done all of the basic stuff (oil changes, 17th front sprocket, 110 main, chain adj, valve lash, etc) and had no failures yet (100 miles). It's off-road capability is what has surprised me the most. Will link some gopro videos via YouTube when I get the time to get in some edits. Top speed indicated (feels close) is 68 with cruiseability (lol) being around 45-50. Brakes are excellent, suspension is soft and springy but I think can be made to be ok.

Chris

Last edited by PixelJunkie94; 04-24-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:30 PM   #2

sounds like you did fine. good luck with it!

Old 04-06-2019, 10:44 PM   #3

Is it me or is all the positive TXpowersports reviews from a very LOW post count user and after said positive review never to be heard from again! LOL

Old 04-06-2019, 11:17 PM   #4

I find that rather peculiar too
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-07-2019, 01:46 AM   #5

Someone new to China bikes, obviously is going to be new to a chinabike forum. That is peculiar? I can't believe I'm having to prove I'm not a salesbot.

I had several critiques if you took time to read the entire review, seems like you have a diminished capacity to interpret or you are forming an opinion without reading.

I am not sponsored or making a sell, this IS an honest review. TX has been great, not sure why they have such a bad rap (exclusively on this site). I've read several of the "poor" reviews and many were really poorly formed.

Chris (TX Sales Rep)

Old 04-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #6

So... I have a "poor" review on all of Manny's crap he pulled on us... and it was "poorly formed" I'm not here to be an English Major after all... was only trying to pass on the truth about that shady company

And their bad reviews are everywhere... eBay, Amazon, NewEGG... you name it, Manny has tried to open an account and sell on it...

Nothing to see here folks... just another "paid advertisement" for a crappy dealer

Thanks "TxPowerSports sales representative Chris"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #7

Chris, And if you Sir were to read my reply in IT's entirety you would see that I said "ALL" meaning not only YOUR review. With that said, I am glad you had a positive experience with them. Whereas some on this site have had a HORRID experience with the "MANNY" china bike sales outlets. And there have been alot of drop in's by the "MANNY" on this site to post a positive review. Again, glad your transaction went smooth and welcome to the site and I look forward to reading all about your new bike.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #8

Here is a YouTube video I just uploaded of our new TBRs.

My Pal Chad, has dropped his bike 20 times, no issues yet. Video has a bit if road riding, racing and offroad riding.

Azhul, again, I emphasize for you to read my post. I said many, not all neg reviews were poorly formed. I have not read your review and seeing how you are attacking mine (since it is mostly positive) means you have an emotional investment against TX. You're only interested in seeing and sharing bad experiences because you're butt hurt about yours. Maybe that time of the month?

Lets ride, you're in the same boat. Im not sure why it matters if you're attacking all users with low post count or just me... obviously you're referencing me as well. I don't even feel like your post deserves a reply but here you go.

I am not affiliated with TX, and because you guys had a bad experience you're going to assume all reviews are from reps. This wasn't even close to a perfect review lmao. The truth, is that all distributors deliver bad experiences, and you're letting your bad experiences, affect the validity of others? You're not just disrespecting me but also potential buyers by claiming I'm a sales person. Your belief isn't based on evidence, but rather a deep seated need to believe. You guys are so invested to be against TX, that I will play your game. You guys are sale reps for other companies and are trying to shame positive reviews for competing companies. I actually have evidence to believe that, where you are assuming this from me having a low post count.

Last edited by PixelJunkie94; 04-08-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #9

Welcome aboard Chris Thanks for posting the review and video. Look like my kind of place to ride.
Glad somebody has posted a good experience with TXP. Those are rare and few around here. TXP has been known to come post these kinds of reviews on here so please don't take offense to some of the other members. Once you been around her for a while you will understand. But from reading your post I can see not everything was a positive result.

BTW Chris ( TX Sales Rep) What kind of deal can you make me on a Hawk DXL? Just kidding? Glad toy have you on board.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Lets ride, you're in the same boat. Im not sure why it matters if you're attacking all users with low post count or just me... obviously you're referencing me as well. I don't even feel like your post deserves a reply but here you go.
Did you see the "LOL" at the end of my first reply. I was initially making a joke about TX reviews. All I was saying was it has happened in the past and on more than one occassion. He and his staff would pop in with stellar reviews and 1 post count. It was comical. No one was attacking you buddy

Old 04-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Did you see the "LOL" at the end of my first reply. I was initially making a joke about TX reviews. All I was saying was it has happened in the past and on more than one occassion. He and his staff would pop in with stellar reviews and 1 post count. It was comical. No one was attacking you buddy
Having just dealt with "Manny" and "Tx Powersports", I believe what you're saying by him posting fake reviews; I can definitely see him doing that. This guy would probably steal from his own family. I would never recommend anyone to buy anything from this guy. OP, if you gave him money, and your deal worked out, then you got extremely lucky. I encourage you to go get a lottery ticket because you certainly beat the odds on this one and perhaps your good fortune will play out in other arenas too.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #12

Chris, don't be put off by the overall TX paranoia here. It's well-earned. We always have an eyebrow raised when we get low post count, positive reviews about TX. They've had ringers here numerous times.

Many have been "Manny'd" and Azhule's experience was nothing less than criminal. He was extremely patient and driven to make lemonade out of lemons with his incomplete, damaged, obviously used, parted out, and rusted Bashan WILL that Manny shipped him as a "new bike, assembled, and ready to ride".

Consider yourself fortunate with your TX experience and welcome aboard. We really are a good bunch who are willing to help each other out.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-11-2019, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelJunkie94 View Post
Someone new to China bikes, obviously is going to be new to a chinabike forum. That is peculiar? I can't believe I'm having to prove I'm not a salesbot.

I had several critiques if you took time to read the entire review, seems like you have a diminished capacity to interpret or you are forming an opinion without reading.

I am not sponsored or making a sell, this IS an honest review. TX has been great, not sure why they have such a bad rap (exclusively on this site). I've read several of the "poor" reviews and many were really poorly formed.

Chris (TX Sales Rep)
was not trying to target or negate what you said i have been a member for about 2 years now just havent posted alot and i like to read comments and feed back almost daily and have seen that txpowersports has had alot of negitive feedback but that doesnt mean they havent come back around and stepped up the game i just was skeptical.
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 AM   #14

Personally, I will avoid taking my business to TXPowersports with any and all means necessary, and aside from certain parts I have found sources for most everything else. The best part is, they don't lie to me, stop communicating with me, act like a total douche on the phone the instant you question them on something politely (a paying or already paid customer mind you), and act like everything is my fault - up to and including shipping damage to a replacement part.

My experiences aren't even the worst ones out there, not by a long shot, but considering that, of the few sales related experiences I have had with them, only one was drama free. I have bought parts directly from china, including talking to a man that barely spoke English, that was 10 times more helpful and willing to go out of his way for me (Over a $10 carburetor part).

There was a fairly recent incident of a member here being shipped a rusty damaged bike as a "new" bike from a "Manny" outfit, and his damage and warranty experience was not much better.

People don't change. I will avoid them as much as humanly possible, and any related businesses as well.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #15

Megadan, I completely agree with you. Personally, I wouldn't deal with this seller again. Having dealt with "Manny" and tried to reach him on the phone, all I heard how he was "unavailable" or "in a meeting". And, the emails I received from them were completely unprofessional. So, to the OP, who said communication was good, I don't really buy it and if this did occur, it was just luck.

Last, I counted 5 separate business names that I received paperwork and/or email communication from when dealing with them. No legitimate business that I know of needs to operate under so many business aliases.