Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

Magician 250 Airbox/Filter Access

Hello, is there any magician 250 riders out there, who knows of a good way to access the airbox and filter. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems as though you have to take apart the whole back end of the bike. It doesn't seem right to me. Any suggestions?

Old 08-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Vinny View Post
Hello, is there any magician 250 riders out there, who knows of a good way to access the airbox and filter. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems as though you have to take apart the whole back end of the bike. It doesn't seem right to me. Any suggestions?
i messed with two of these bikes, and each time i had to remove most all stuff in order to remove it entirely.
the battery box was the part that game me the most room left over to work it out than any other part.
take the side cover off the filter box too. maybe 6 brass screws..

Old 08-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Vinny View Post
One of big negatives of this bike in addition to carburetor clearance but that is how they got the small form factor. Pretty much the whole back has to come off and especially let me say the muffler and tail piece it is attached to, otherwise you will never get the battery box far enough back to clear the filter housing which lets you get out the filter box. I spent some time wrestling with it to get the experience. You can leave the back tire attached it just clears. It takes a lot of fiddling as the filter box and the battery tray fit just so and one goes in front of the other.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #4

Thanks guys I thought I was the only one struggling with this.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45 View Post
Thanks guys I thought I was the only one struggling with this.
It never really gets any easier either. I've done it at least ten times and it is still a pain and the 11th time this past weekend. The battery tray has to come out first. What makes it difficult is the battery tray must push past the lip on the side of the airbox when it goes out and when it goes back in and nestles into the airbox on the side. The battery tray goes on last at the top in the back where the bolt pin protrudes as a stud to hold both the airbox and battery tray. You have to pull the battery tray out of the way in the front and push it down in the back to find the way in. Here is a way to eliminate this issue.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...an+performance

Old 05-18-2023, 07:49 PM   #6

Airbox for magician 250

Where can I buy a replacement airbox and filter? I thought I could delete it and put a different filter on and it runs like crap now, and I ruined the original airbox

Old 05-23-2023, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicianrider View Post
Where can I buy a replacement airbox and filter? I thought I could delete it and put a different filter on and it runs like crap now, and I ruined the original airbox
Usually jetting changes need to made when eliminating an air box. Check out postings by Megadan. His posts about the Hawk engine directly relate to the Magician as they are the same.

Start here; https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331
2016 Tao Tao 125D