Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #1

Trouble Shooting Before Actually Shooting

I have just finished assembling a BMS 500cc Ranch Pony UTV. The dealer doesn't supply you with an assembly manual, just an online and rather incomplete video. Got things figured out and only missing a couple of screws and a grommet.

BUT, I am having trouble getting it to start. I had to use ether to start it the first time and it ran just fine. I rode it for a while, put it away and the next day, it wouldn't start again. Is there some adjustment I'm missing?

For that matter, is there a downloadable assembly manual, in English, for these things?

Old 04-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #2

manual

Hello.... everyone thinks there should be a manual for this stuff.... there are video.s to assemble them on YOUTUBE... LOOK AT IT.. wheels on charge battery.. there is a fuse if it would start... etc... common stuff.... you need a repair manual... buy a HONDA ATV REPAIR MANUAL.... USE SOME COMMON SENSE. this is what people do not have,.. if you got a problem you can not figure out... post it here... keep your bolts tight .. air in th e tiores,.. adjust your chain.... the big thing... use the real gas.. change your oil .. and think..

Old 04-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
... buy a HONDA ATV REPAIR MANUAL.... USE SOME COMMON SENSE...
http://www.motorscoop.no/filarkiv/Fi...500_manual.pdf tells something...

Old 04-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

for your starting issues, are you using the choke? not sure where it is on your machine, some have a handlebar mounted choke cable, others have the choke right on the left side of the carburetor...

Old 04-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #5

I would think a model like that would have a choke on the dash... the cable might need to be adjusted to be fully closed.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
Hello.... everyone thinks there should be a manual for this stuff.... there are video.s to assemble them on YOUTUBE... LOOK AT IT.. wheels on charge battery.. there is a fuse if it would start... etc... common stuff.... you need a repair manual... buy a HONDA ATV REPAIR MANUAL.... USE SOME COMMON SENSE. this is what people do not have,.. if you got a problem you can not figure out... post it here... keep your bolts tight .. air in th e tiores,.. adjust your chain.... the big thing... use the real gas.. change your oil .. and think..
I think people have the right to expect assembly instructions to accompany ANYTHING that comes in a kit (and it ain't sold as a Chinese UTV Puzzle). That's especially so for a complex machine that costs thousands of dollars. It's not going to hurt the dealer to burn a fifty cent CD to include with the machine or send separately. I realize that most dealers of these Chinese made toys are just working out Mom and Dad's garage or some rented office space and have likely never set a hand on one of the machines. They just have them shipped out of some dock side warehouse in California.

Even if it were eventually tested in a court of law, I think the judge would consider it only reasonable that a machine that you have to assemble and that can kill you should come with assembly instructions. If the dealers of Chinese UTV kits, which is really what they are, kits, can't pony up a copy of the assembly instructions specifically for the machine they sell, they may eventually find themselves liable if someone gets hurt even with the disclaimers they put in the contract. This is the kind of stuff consumer protection agencies love to get their hands on.

Thank you anyway for referring me to a Honda service manual. It might be helpful.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerdguy View Post
I have just finished assembling a BMS 500cc Ranch Pony UTV. The dealer doesn't supply you with an assembly manual, just an online and rather incomplete video. Got things figured out and only missing a couple of screws and a grommet.
Looks like you didn't need a assembly manual. The service manual will be helpful and so will this site if you respond to the questions asked.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #8

I'm not sure about the motor but I think the body, etc....is a copy of the Yamaha Rhino, if you can find info on that, as well.
I've been nosing at one of these at Tractor Supply. I think your BMS is the same as the Massimo 500, if you can find something on that.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I'm not sure about the motor but I think the body, etc....is a copy of the Yamaha Rhino, if you can find info on that, as well.
I've been nosing at one of these at Tractor Supply. I think your BMS is the same as the Massimo 500, if you can find something on that.
do you think you could get away with riding it down to that local burger joint you posted. you better have one hell of a tax refund this year. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=IODEPT

our county deputies are just waiting to catch a quad on the road
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
I think people have the right to expect assembly instructions to accompany ANYTHING that comes in a kit (and it ain't sold as a Chinese UTV Puzzle). That's especially so for a complex machine that costs thousands of dollars. It's not going to hurt the dealer to burn a fifty cent CD to include with the machine or send separately. I realize that most dealers of these Chinese made toys are just working out Mom and Dad's garage or some rented office space and have likely never set a hand on one of the machines. They just have them shipped out of some dock side warehouse in California.

Even if it were eventually tested in a court of law, I think the judge would consider it only reasonable that a machine that you have to assemble and that can kill you should come with assembly instructions. If the dealers of Chinese UTV kits, which is really what they are, kits, can't pony up a copy of the assembly instructions specifically for the machine they sell, they may eventually find themselves liable if someone gets hurt even with the disclaimers they put in the contract. This is the kind of stuff consumer protection agencies love to get their hands on.

Thank you anyway for referring me to a Honda service manual. It might be helpful.
Yeah!! There oughtta be MORE LAWS!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstryker88 View Post
Yeah!! There oughtta be MORE LAWS!!!
Haha, ha ,ha,ah . We're with the government, we are here to help
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
do you think you could get away with riding it down to that local burger joint you posted. you better have one hell of a tax refund this year. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=IODEPT

our county deputies are just waiting to catch a quad on the road
Our local law enforcement wouldn't care. We can sit outside on a park bench in Volcano proper, drinking beer and they drive by and wave.

What's this "tax refund" you speak of? Are those words a foreign language? I don't recognize them.....
Our TSC has them for 6999. The lowest price I've seen recently on the Box Store sites for the BMS equivalent (CARB Approved) is 5999 and that doesn't include shipping. Probably why Snerdguy isn't too happy at the moment. They aren't cheap.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #13

You May Not Believe This

Well, it seems to be fixed. But, the fix was accidental. It wouldn't start without ether and it idled to fast causing shifting problems. The problem it seems was in the throttle adjustment screw itself. While looking for the problem, we tried adjusting the throttle limiting screw on the extension cable to reduce the idle speed and nothing seemed to happen. So, we flexed the line and what do you know, the built up torsion in that line released and the idle dropped down to where it was supposed to be.

All of the problems with getting the new BMS Ranch Pony 500cc working properly were caused by that badly engineer adjustment cable. Judging from other owner's complaints, this may not be an isolated incident. People need to check that the cable or spring in that short extension isn't binding when they turn the screw. Hopefully we won't have any other problems for a while.

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Well, it seems to be fixed. But, the fix was accidental. It wouldn't start without ether and it idled to fast causing shifting problems. The problem it seems was in the throttle adjustment screw itself. While looking for the problem, we tried adjusting the throttle limiting screw on the extension cable to reduce the idle speed and nothing seemed to happen. So, we flexed the line and what do you know, the built up torsion in that line released and the idle dropped down to where it was supposed to be.

All of the problems with getting the new BMS Ranch Pony 500cc working properly were caused by that badly engineer adjustment cable. Judging from other owner's complaints, this may not be an isolated incident. People need to check that the cable or spring in that short extension isn't binding when they turn the screw. Hopefully we won't have any other problems for a while.

Thanks for your help.
Glad you got it worked out and thanks for posting the fix. Places like this forum are pretty valuable for finding info like this.

Tags
utv, won't start.