Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

tao bao stuff for yx motors?

I have a piranha 150 ,or yx150 with honda style head and I can find things for the yx 160 with klx style head . I can't find a race head for it I wondered if they had a copy of the super+head takegawa makes? Or something I want this to scream

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 11-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #2

I bet it's there. The difficulty will be in figuring out the search terms for it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 AM   #3

Yes the have a copy of the takegawa plus R head.
It's called the TB v2 roller race head. They have one for the Honda style exhaust port and for the klx style exhaust port.
You can buy them at Tboltusa.com.
I have one on my yx165cc motor with a takegawa s35 road race can. It revs to the moon, and makes power on the topend. Not much on the low-end though.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:19 AM   #4

That's the head I was looking for was the tboltusa head for the1125cc to 140cc. I have the honda headed piranha 150 cc. I might leave it stock I hear they are pretty fast I have a mikuni vm 26mm carb . That cam is great I am seriously thinking of turbocharged fuel injected 120lb xpitbike. I lightened it where I could switched to aluminum swingarm and 2 aluminum wheels n

Old 12-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
I have a piranha 150 ,or yx150 with honda style head and I can find things for the yx 160 with klx style head . I can't find a race head for it I wondered if they had a copy of the super+head takegawa makes? Or something I want this to scream
Yes TB makes a copy of the takegawa crf50 style heads also. You will not be disappointed!
I don't know what the can specs are for that head. But I would suggest a s25 style cam. Good mid to topend can so the rims don't drop off to quickly.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #6

I'm building a couple different pitbikes ,a supermoto one,a jumping /trailriding one. The supermoto one I was wanting to run a piranha 150 and make it scream .With the jumping/trailriding one I put a cr80r shock on and xr80 forks on it. I am still looking for a engine for that bike but it has 11inches of rear travel! I'm looking at buying a e start piranha 150cc for the supermoto and then fuel injection and turbo .The fuel injection system has a stand alone fuel management system that's tunable from smartphone and has a o2 sensor to constantly adjust the fuel map til it's as good as it can be.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #7

you can make real decent power out of the stock heads.... I threw a Dratv.com race cam in my x18 pocket bike with a vm26 carb and it went 57mph... pretty good considering my 200cc shinray tops out at 62... and the x18 was running a 110cc....