Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 PM   #16

I don't think any of the 4 wheelers had the same trans. Best bet would be for you to scoop a manual if you don't have one already, it'll give you all the detailed info you need to know specific to that model. I've still got my old manual for my 185's, it covered 185's and 200 models from 1980-1984, so they must have changed them up in 85.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:39 AM   #17

I wouldn't be surprised if the complete six speed transmission from the XR200 would fit in the trike bottom end. It would still use the centrifugal clutch and pull start. Also, the XR200 piston has a slightly higher compression ratio.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #18

Really ? I thought if I changed to the xr200r motor I would have to use clutch. I knew the compression ratio is 10:2:1 on xr200 and 7:8:1on the 200s. Yeah if this was for me I would want the extra compression but if im not around to pull it ,he's not going to be able too. I should have spent more money to get him electric start. This wheeler was in such nice shape though and i love to bring stuff back from certain death. They were going to scrap it but they wouldn't sell for scrap price though! From what I have learned from exploded diagrams is I think its the spring that makes it return to original position. Thats what I think I was going to take it to someone to get it fixed but I have no idea what it would cost.

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 12-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
snip*
Then he told me hes going to have to open up the trans,after he charged me 100 to clean carb and rinse out the gas tank. So I told him to adjust it and thats it.
snip*
$100 for a carb clean and tank flush? i work at a John Deere dealer and that wouldnt cost you that... im afraid he is taking you for a ride bro... pisses me off to see folks try and rip people off...

Old 12-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #20

Why not fix it yourself when you have time ?you have a thread around here building the xr70 ,so certainly a little 200 trike engine should be an easy fix for you .The bonus is you not only save some cash ,but you learn something so he next time it becomes easier .

Old 12-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Really ? I thought if I changed to the xr200r motor I would have to use clutch.
It does. If you study the fiche for the ATV engine, you'll see that it has a clutch like the XR200, but instead of a cable and lever, it is actuated by a centrifugal clutch. The regular clutch lives in the regular spot, but the centrifugal clutch is on the end of the right side of the crank (rider's perspective). That's why the clutch cover is so deep.

If you want electric start, study the 200E, which was a two year only model (1982 and 1983). It has an attachment that sandwiches between the stator cover and the left case, and it houses a starter. The starter lives in front of the engine, which looks like an afterthought.

You can't kick a centrifugal engine of that design, so the pull start (and electric if you wish) must be retained. If the XR200 six speed fits in the bottom end of the ATC (and I'm pretty sure it would), you'd use the ATC crank, case halves, side covers and clutch and stator covers. You'd also use the ATC cylinder head, because the XR200 has a compression release for the kicker.

X2 on doing it yourself. It's a great learning opportunity.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #22

OK It will shift between 2nd and 3rd gear and I WAS WRONG micrider ,you were right the gears go the way you said.So I guess its a shift drum, someone quoted me 350 to fix it so thats out. I guess I'll try to fix it . I looked at a 185 atc exploded clutch where is the shift drum? whats a good price to fix it?

Though various deals I have 2 xr70 motors and a ton of parts for everything pitbikes, xr200r stuff I am going to make a ad for them. Ill let one of the xr70 motors go cheap if someone needs one.

Last edited by demidestructo; 12-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #23

Well I pulled it apart and it wasn't bad ,I seen the problem right away and I was the lifter plate on the regular clutch snapped. I have to get the centrifugal clutch off I got a 30mm deep we'll but I'm letting my electric impact charge so I can pop it off then . I have to fix the tank cause of all the rust inside . I am going to do my first video showing you how to clean the tank my way. So just waiting for parts and then wheelies for me and trails for George. Thanks for your help guys .

Old 12-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #24

Part #5 in this diagram I think.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...ORK/parts.html

Old 12-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #25

Quote:
OK It will shift between 2nd and 3rd gear and I WAS WRONG micrider ,you were right the gears go the way you said.So I guess its a shift drum, someone quoted me 350 to fix it so thats out. I guess I'll try to fix it . I looked at a 185 atc exploded clutch where is the shift drum? whats a good price to fix it?

Though various deals I have 2 xr70 motors and a ton of parts for everything pitbikes, xr200r stuff I am going to make a ad for them. Ill let one of the xr70 motors go cheap if someone needs one.
Look cheap and available

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-HONDA-ATC...-/290391010731

Old 12-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #26

Thanks Fast doc I figured it out and ordered a clutch spring lifter plate, full set of gaskets,and a peacock cause I have to fix my rusty gas tank so I bought a petcock as well. I think I will paint it and clean it up before it's ready to hit the trail. George is excited to hit the trails for the first time in 60 years!

Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #27

I could actually use a xr70 engine as I have a brand new crf50 roller in the shed ,if you are willing to ship it to Canada lets make a deal on it so I can button up another project .I honestly don't really need anything included with it ,but it would be awesome if it came with carb ,wiring ,cdi, as I have several projects on the go and I would like to keep those parts with the other projects instead of robbing them for this one .I am also looking for a right side rear number plate for my xr70 if you are not using yours .

Old 12-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #28

Mine is a 2000 xr70 So it doesn't have a rear number plate . At least this one didn't have one or I would give it to you . My piranha 150 never came with any electronics so I need my stuff off my xr70. I have to buy another setup myself cause I just bought another pitbike frame.I m going to make a supermoto one with the piranha and build one of the xr70 motors. Do you have any China 125cc? That's what I need .

Old 12-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #29

I have no 125's left ,I do have an extra 110 or two ,but pretty sure they are full auto engines with electric start though .I can have a look through my container tomorrow and see what's actually in there instead of guessing .I just put together 10 ct70's with big engines for my friends paintball park ,so my 125's should all be gone .I will check tomorrow .

Old 12-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #30

OK back to the Honda I put it back together and tried the gears, and it felt like it went through them all. I don't want to keep doing it till I have oil in and sealed up. Im going to do the gasket today. I also bought brakes which I guess I will have to put those on. I got the tire off but not the way you would think, I undid the four bolts on the side and wiggled it loose after removing the clasp holding the axle. I did this because I cannot get the axle loose , I pb blasted it and let it sit over night. My electric impact will have full charge,so I'll see if I can get it to budge today.I beat it with a hammer to get the thing that rides on the axle off and will not . I need to get these brakes working on the front because I had a idea. Im going to weld a trimmed piece of metal on to the foot peg so no legs can fall through and will give better footing for him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (30.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg 222.jpg (27.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 333.jpg (59.5 KB, 105 views)