Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2022, 09:08 PM   #1

Thanks for the feedback. I could potentially be riding up to 7000ft to 8000ft in elevation during a one day ride from home and even higher if I do some road trips I have in mind. I'm mostly having a hard time justifying the $1100 price difference when the primary difference is EFI. EFI aside, I like most of the Templar features better.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I could potentially be riding up to 7000ft to 8000ft in elevation during a one day ride from home and even higher if I do some road trips I have in mind. I'm mostly having a hard time justifying the $1100 price difference when the primary difference is EFI. EFI aside, I like most of the Templar features better.
This is why, the KPX, may be the better choice. From where you live at 2500’ to those altitudes are a major change. It is not uncommon for changes like that out West. That will justify the price difference, trust me, I’m from the West, but now live in sea level FL. Again just my thoughts…

Old 09-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
My place in New Mexico is at 7500ft, and it is a valley. Town nearby I used to live in is about 6800. I used to jet a bit lean, and when I road into the mountains, it ran a bit more rich (perfect), and I never had any problems (8500-9500ft, even higher). Back in town, I needed to choke to start.
All of this scary talk about elevation changes is a bit overblown.

Last edited by Thumper; 09-02-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
My place in New Mexico is at 7500ft, and it it a valley. Town nearby I used to live in is about 6500. I used to jet a bit lean, and when I road into the mountains, never had any problems (8500-9500ft, even higher). All of this scary talk about elevation changes is a bit overblown.
I remember reading in an aftermarket carb manual for cars that there is jetting for 0 - 5000 feet, and jetting for above 5000 feet. So I am inclined to agree. But maybe it is a bit more critical for us to get it better dialed in, since we are dealing with such low HP numbers here.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself