Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #1

yuan 125cc ADVICE NEEDED

After my previous bike zongshen 125cc doing 300 miles and then the engine seizing you would havge thought I would learn my lesson!!!

I have bought a yuan 125cc and from what I can tell its a good ride. I got it fairly cheap and has mot and tax. However a few things I am unsure about. Filled the fuel tank up and it went full but it goes down very fast but bike keeps running. Also one of the bulbs for my main lights is out. The fullbeam and side lights work fine. How hard will it be to get a bulb for this?

I am hoping this is the bike for me but just looking for any advice really!!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #2

You may have a leak. I'd expect a 125 to get 75+ MPG.

Remove the bulb and take it to the autoparts store and match it up. Most are common, although some headlights are odd. If we see a pic we can tell you where to get one.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #3

fill the tank up, then let it idle and look around for leaks. the only leaks would be in the motors fuel supply. from where the fuel line is at the tank, to the petcock, to the fuel filter, to the carb. then you could have a bad bowl gasket on the carb, or there is junk in the bottem of the carb causing it to flood and then gas would be coming out of the bottem of the bowl where the hose is attached and led to under the bike..

when you check for leaks, ive found parking it on a big ol section of card board, makes it easier to see if there is anything leaking and if there is it gives you the area on the bike to start looking to trace the leak back

Old 09-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #4

Re: yuan 125cc ADVICE NEEDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymcfr
Filled the fuel tank up and it went full but it goes down very fast but bike keeps running.
Do you mean the fuel gauge goes to empty and the bike keeps running fine?
If so, don't worry with the fuel guage and use the trip meter to keep up with how far you can go on a tank.
I've never seen a MC fuel gauge that was anywhere near accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymcfr
Also one of the bulbs for my main lights is out. The fullbeam and side lights work fine. How hard will it be to get a bulb for this?
I am hoping this is the bike for me but just looking for any advice really!!
As FastDoc said, take the bulb to the parts store and start comparing. That's what I do.
Bill R

Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

Got the bulb. Mechanic has suggested a bad earth for fuel gauge. Just got the quote for its mot and its £295 and thats all in. What trip. I have just been using a torch to check for petrol at the mo.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #6

Yeah, a fuel guage isn't worth that much to me. I'd just use the tripmeter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #7

Most of these Chinese bikes use a fuel petcock like a Yamaha Raptor (2 bolts, specific "0" ring type gasket), the Raptor petcock has a reserve position (and the reserve function is adjustable, tube length on the "normal" pick-up). They seem to cost $25 @ Yamaha, and yes, there are Chinese made replacements cheaper ($10), but they all seem to leak (been there, done that, your mileage may vary).

Compare your petcock to make SURE.