Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports

Old 05-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #1

Mini Ride Report Tao Tao Lancer

So I decided to set up my cheap Chinese action camera on my helmet so I could record some video of me riding my cheap Chinese scooter. I finally got around to setting it up and since the wife has been hounding me for some more practice time on the Lancer, I decided we should make a day of it and take the kids to watch her practice, and then take them to a local park (Mingo Creek County Park) for a picnic and some playground time.

The route:

So we drove down to FoodLand in town to pic up some subs and chips, the kids had a blast watching daddy on the scooter ahead of them.

After that, I turned on the action cam and we headed up on highway 136 to Ringgold high school (home of Joe Montana, apparently), the roads were pretty damp so I took it pretty mellow since I'm still a bit new to being back on two wheels, and I only have about 80 miles on the scooter at this point. I love this road since it has some fun corners, and is relatively well paved (For Pennsylvania):

After an hour or so of practice for the wife (I set up a quick stop, a couple of turns, a pause and go and a slalom for her to play with) a light rain started, so we headed to Mingo Creek. This was my first time trying to ride in the rain, so no video of that portion of the ride, I had all I could manage trying to see out of the visor!

The rain stopped a bit after we got to Mingo Creek, so we ate a little lunch, the I took my daughter on a short ride around the park, my first time two up on the scooter, it's a bit different, and not something I'm ready to do on a real road, but on the 15mph limit park roads it was just fine, and she had a blast!

After the kids were done on the playground, we headed back home, and since the weather had improved dramatically, I flipped the camera on for the ride home, and managed to get her up to an indicated 58 mph, downhill, with a tail wind!