Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #16

if you are up to it, you could also consider going the route of getting a SD title, registration and plate. I did that for my hawk, living in NC.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Can you do a chargeback on your credit card? The owner of Txpowersports became a member here on chinariders a couple months back; perhaps you can revive one of the threads he posted on, and see if publicly bringing up the issue will get you a refund or a trade.

If worse comes to worse, since the bike(s) (plural bikes being the Magician and Hawk) are EPA certified as off-road, can you at least get a title if Georgia issues titles for off-road only bikes?
No title for off-road bikes in GA. and Txpowersports wants 30% restocking plus I pay return shipping. That's the fine print I did not read. I may start a thread "Don't buy in Georgia" or something, I asked and they only have 1 bike with a NHTSA label they sell. a little 125 or something.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
if you are up to it, you could also consider going the route of getting a SD title, registration and plate. I did that for my hawk, living in NC.
I may try that, Georgia does require you change to a GA plate in like 30 days though, so that still may be no good.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #19

Folks, for those of you having registration issues, specifically in Colorado, I just got mine done.

I had to register it as a custom built bike, and have a state assigned VIN. The NHTSA specifically lists this bike as off road use only.

I just finished the whole process, about 2 months end to end (wait times for paper work to be filed/returned and appointment scheduling).. Total cost to me (outside of time/gas) was about $100...

Not a huge deal, but I do wish that places like Texas Power Sports, and that dude from RPS specifically, would stop saying street legal... Technically it is correct, except the non-DOT compliant tires), however it is way misleading.. I think someone should look up the legality of what they are saying, vs. what is actually, legally, true....

Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 AM   #20

Isn't there a form to fill out that lets you convert a dirt bike to street in CO?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Isn't there a form to fill out that lets you convert a dirt bike to street in CO?
That is essentially what I did - but it is more than a form.. It is actually several, a VIN inspection, a DOT/State Patrol safety inspection, more forms, waiting...waiting...waiting... and finally a VIN plate that gets issued and attached to your bike...

Old 05-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #22

ripvw32 -

what bike did you register in colorado ?
a Hawk 250 is the one i want to but . and the holdup is not knowing
if it can be licensed at all here

Last edited by 132bob; 05-18-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: to add name of posting person

Old 05-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132bob View Post
ripvw32 -

what bike did you register in colorado ?
a Hawk 250 is the one i want to but . and the holdup is not knowing
if it can be licensed at all here
I remember he has the Hawk

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #24

Grin Florida - Titled 'n Tagged Magician 250 (RPS / Txpowersports)

It took the county clerk a while to complete the registration process (20 minutes me sitting across the desk/counter? With several back and forth queries and looking at MCO. Unclear if the "Make" of the cycle was in the database?) And a bit of a surprise; I thought we would need to walk out to the parking lot to validate the VIN, but no need. The stock cycle is now titled and tagged for street use in Florida. I transferred a tag from an earlier sold cycle.
My costs:
$24.60 - Tag fee for remaining 6 months of 2017
$76.14 - Florida sales tax
$73.50 - Florida title fee
$4.75 - Agency fee (county?)
=====
$178.99 - Grand Total

FL Motorcycle Registration Requirements:
MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin)
Bill of Sale
Drivers License
Proof of Insurance
Qlink XF200

Old 05-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #25

Massachusetts - No problem!

Hawk 250 registered for road in MA. No problems at all!

Old 06-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #26

Arizona No Problem 250 Hawk now titled and registered !

$88.68 paid title, sales tax and 1 yr registration. Clerk didn't even inspect the bike.........now street legal in AZ and titled as a 2017 RPS. Have insurance through USAA with Progressive for $68/yr

Old 06-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
I may try that, Georgia does require you change to a GA plate in like 30 days though, so that still may be no good.
Jmcgee - I had a whole lot of back and forth with my DMV out here. PM me with where you live in GA and I'll do my best to walk you through the process. I have a Hawk with a title and tag, and it was only a little bit of frustration. Of course, I'm looking at it in the rearview mirrors of about 8 months now, so there's that... Let me know if I can help.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Jmcgee - I had a whole lot of back and forth with my DMV out here. PM me with where you live in GA and I'll do my best to walk you through the process. I have a Hawk with a title and tag, and it was only a little bit of frustration. Of course, I'm looking at it in the rearview mirrors of about 8 months now, so there's that... Let me know if I can help.
It was a few years back when I titled 'n taged my Qlink in rural GA. Registration was a breeze. However, the county did not collect sales tax... SOooo... the state of GA came back wanting the $75? in sales tax. I responded "it was an internet sale (from Columbus, GA) and thus not subject to sales tax" (note: since the sale was from an in-state vendor, I belatedly believe sales tax was due.) However, I did not hear back from GA... BUT... the state subsequently did place a lien on my house for the tax. Apparently the lien expired by the time I sold the house, no motorcycle / lien tax was taken during closing. (Anyway, GA if you are listening, I have you down in my will for those monies. :-) )
Qlink XF200

Old 06-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #29

Shhh! Don't bring too much attention to us GA Hawk riders. There are only about three or four Hawks registered in the state, and we certainly don't want the officious red tapers and bean counters taking too close of a look, now do we? I'm going out on the Hawk first thing tomorrow morning. I'm a little over two-thirds of the way through the stock rear tire, and I would like to get a new one hung on there before the move to Arizona.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #30

Easy easy...register it in VT..mail in papers and check...no problem