Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2017, 04:01 AM   #1

so this is something I looked into about 2 street bikes...

So a while ago I was on youtube and found a motorcycle company in the UK called wk. They have a nice selection of motorcycles. One cought my eye particular it was the wk 125. so after looking around I found out that boom makes a 125. It's not a wk but it's a boom 125. Not the vader but a boom bd125-1. The engine is BD1P54FMI I think it has the same engine as the wk and the plastics look the same but big difference on companies. so what I am waning to know is if the boom 125-1 is owned by anyone. I only found a few videos on YouTube but not so much as a review. So I hope someone in the chinariders community might have one and could tell what they think of it.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrc390 View Post
So a while ago I was on youtube and found a motorcycle company in the UK called wk. They have a nice selection of motorcycles. One cought my eye particular it was the wk 125. so after looking around I found out that boom makes a 125. It's not a wk but it's a boom 125. Not the vader but a boom bd125-1. The engine is BD1P54FMI I think it has the same engine as the wk and the plastics look the same but big difference on companies. so what I am waning to know is if the boom 125-1 is owned by anyone. I only found a few videos on YouTube but not so much as a review. So I hope someone in the chinariders community might have one and could tell what they think of it.
They all are booms bd125, just depends on where you buy it what name they call it, "vader" "x20" both bd125 made by boom.

Last edited by veezx20; 05-26-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: info

Old 05-28-2017, 01:31 AM   #3

Veezx20 I agree that the boom bd125's are a like. But the one I'm asking about is the boom bd125-1 that's a full size motorcycle and not a monkey bike like the vader. Been trying to find out more on it as best as I can. Thanks for your input.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrc390 View Post
Veezx20 I agree that the boom bd125's are a like. But the one I'm asking about is the boom bd125-1 that's a full size motorcycle and not a monkey bike like the vader. Been trying to find out more on it as best as I can. Thanks for your input.
Dude the bd125-1 is the vader, its the grom size clone. On the papers for the vader the model says bd125-1.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #5

Is this the bike? https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...ket-bike-125cc I know there is little information on who makes it, and it is not shown on the Boom/Baodiao site, but a few online places have had it, and Venom still show it on their site. I have looked up and down the EPA Certification list, and my guess is it is on the same certificate as the Boom Vader. Since it is selling side by side with the Vader and the updated Boom bike on Venom's site, and 'coincidentally' uses a 125cc engine, I think it is a Boom.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #6

Culcune yep that is the motorcycle been trying to find out if anyone has one bunch of videos on YouTube. Though not a not of reviews. So thanks my chinariders for the help still trying to figure out more.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #7

FYI the "Boom Vader" is a BD125-15... NOT a BD125-1. Those are two different bikes.
16 SSR SR125: PZ26, New Racing CDI, Blue plastics, LED headlight

Street:
16 Boom Vader 125: Microsquirt EFI conversion, HID/LED headlights, 17T front sprocket, O-Ringed Gold chain, adjustable rear damper, The DD

Old 02-17-2020, 12:55 AM   #8

Hi
Boom is the child company of Parent “Baodiao”. For whatever reason, the owner of BOOM Industries, Ltd. did not want to label the product. So they called it a Boom Ninja. The Ninja name is a registered trademark with legal rights to it’s official usage by company Kawasaki. Kawasaki is a Japanese company!!!! BOOM Industries, Intl. is a Chinese company. It can be described as a Ninja in the description because of its style, however it can not wear the name on the bike as shipped from the factory due to copyright & trademark infringement. However to answer your question Boom is the Sole Owner of the bikes “Boom Ninja” (bd125-1) & “Boom Vader” (bd125-15). Both bikes have the same engine. It’s a chinese pit bike dirt bike engine. YX125cc (actual cc is 127 w 2valve aluminum head) with electric start. 11hp (crank) 9.8 hp (rear wheel). Both bikes have been rebranded by other companies in their attempts to sell the bikes in large quantities. But please take note that the Boom Ninja is a “FULL-SIZED” motorcycle; slightly larger than 2011-2013 Honda CBR250r. Whereas, the Boom Vader is between a mini bike and a full sized motorcycle. Big Difference!!!!! Venommotorsportscanada.com has been the most creative with color combinations for the bikes. However, Boom located in California, USA sells all of the bikes in their original forms for the lowest prices, brand new; www.motorbikeoutlet.com

Old 02-17-2020, 01:48 AM   #9

I will argue that Pete at Kronik Racing seems to have them cheaper when you factor in shipping. I have met Pete in person and have seen his shop. He actually works very well with Baodiao/Boom, so I am fairly certain, Boom would not undercut him, and if they do, I would still go with Kronik due to the extra piece of mind having a dealer go to bat for me. Another factor that many on this forum deal with but don't take into consideration is getting the paperwork. Some have had to wait 4 weeks or longer! Motorbikeoutlet seem like you would have to wait a certain period of time, as well.

https://www.kronikracing.com/Scooters.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard