Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2017, 01:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Clark, be gentle with that Speedo install. The bolts can be overtightened and damage the odometer wheels (ask me how I know)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Uhhhhhhhhhh been there done that BB...just a little snugger....DAMN!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Clark, be gentle with that Speedo install. The bolts can be overtightened and damage the odometer wheels (ask me how I know)
Thanks for the snug bolt heads-up. Me, I have not been "gorilla handed" since I was a teen. (Ask me how I know not to be gorilla handed. Haha)
The whole reason I want the trip reset, is to reset trip each fill-up and keep track of when about time for next fill-up. Almost on the fence changing the whole speedometer out. I was hoping it was just a matter of pushing a knob on the stub. Well, it's a rainy day out... good time to break out the tools.
Qlink XF200

Old 09-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #33

I finally got around to swapping out the Magician 250's Odometer/Speedometer w/ the - new trip reset knob. (I was adjusting the valves - WOW - what a difference!) And when I finished the valve adjustment, I went ahead and replaced the original Odometer with the - missing - trip reset knob. It took maybe 5 minutes to swap out the Odometer panel (and that includes sipping on a soda as I worked. :-) )

Unbelievably, the 1st time I go to refill the fuel tank after installing the new Odometer... think less than 100 miles since new Odometer installed... guess what is missing?!?! You guessed it - that blasted new trip reset knob... MISSING - again!
I replaced the whole Odometer panel just to get the trip reset knob... and now the knob is gone again!

Sigh, I will now be driving the cycle sans knob henceforth.
(Lesson learned, If you have a Magician 250, you may want to check that trip reset knob, ASAP, to see if maybe a bit of Superglue or other adhesive is needed?)

P.S. The reason it took me so long to get around to swapping the Odometer / Speedometer panel, here in SW Florida... it gets into the 90's daily through Sept (and sometimes Oct). The garage seems to get even hotter. And thus, I was trying to put off much motorcycle tinkering waiting for cooler weather.
PPS. The valves were set so tight from the factory, I'm not sure they were even fully closing prior to my adjusting them at about 500 miles.
Qlink XF200

Old 09-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #34

Your just gona have to get one of those cheap digital spedo tacho cause you need the odometer for sure . It less than 30 bucks on ebay.

Yea...we know what kind of soda water your drinking .
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~