Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #31

On the shoes, i did consider using an aluminum bar and an actuator to make a stilt for my left foot. Lol might not be a bad idea anyways. Good barstock and find a leg brace, have it hook to the peg like bike shoes.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:55 AM   #32

The welding on that swingarm is really nice!

I wonder if there's a swingarm that would bolt up to the frame that uses a link. That would make things easier.

You could also cut a coil out of the spring, but you'd want to sneak up on it. Tough to put coils back if you go too far.

If you remove the shock, what is the free length of it?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-06-2014, 01:58 AM   #33

You can also reshape the foam of the seat to lower you a bit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #34

Reshaped the seat and maxed out the adjustment of thr top spring seat. I now fit!
need to spend a little more time reshaping but the quick guess of amount to remove put me at tippy toes on both sides. Have a solid plant now with one foot.

Not sure on the size of the shock, im off tomorrow and will try to get in touch with the suspension mfg to see if they have a shorter option for the same setup, will cost less than trying to change out the swing arm.

Mos tthe welds are great, but the weld.at the neck is pourous and doesnt look to great. I might grind it down a bit and to see how deep the holes are. Shallow i will smooth and repaint, if not will look into having a buddy reweld it.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #35

Here are some pics of the rough cut, looking to replace all or at least the vital area foam.

Finally getting a firm plant. Got to ride up and down the street a couple times before work yesterday.

Im new to thumpers, but Im pretty sure its not getting full power. I know its running pig rich, plug is dark brown and was damp. Time to pull the carb and see what they did. from the disaray of the underseat electronics I think they had a air pod on it. Just threw the airbox back on. Hopefully they didnt muck around to much.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #36

That's good progress! I wonder if there's a shorter spring that happens to be the same diameter. You could dismantle your shock and swap springs.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #37

before pulling carb remove and check air filter. if its dirty it will run poorly and be rich. also... mice make nests in air box's. i have to clean my air box's every spring..

dang mice!

Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 AM   #38

Short spring would be nice. Still have a little leverage issue getting of the stand.
Filter looks great, replaced the plug today. Still have a random miss when idling and light throttle.

I put traps in the cars, doesnt get them all though.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 AM   #39

Oh new tail light on the way. Will be looking at alternative side covers and possibly front and rear fenders. Cant help but change things, most of its broke anyways right... lol wife is starting to question my ideas.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #40

My wife questions all my ideas only way I got my bike cause I told wed save money on gas and after she rode it now she wants a bike lol she did good for first time on a bike

Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #41

for the front fender, i can highly reccomend getting a Polisport universal supermoto front fender... its the one i have on my bike, was very easy to install, and very resilient plastic...

Old 04-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #42

good looking bike, pchitti!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #43

Thanks, took the airbox out today. Ran much better, idles great and the miss was gone.
uni pod will be in tomorrow, really hope that sorts out the power issues.

Good news is the stock box weighed around 3lbs, still have to figure out where to put the cdi, and evap system. Anyone have a pod? Would love to see pics of the

Im not planning to see much off road, hopefully. Looking into.something a little closer to the tire. Not sure if there is any way to get it as close as inwant though.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 AM   #44

I've used this pod on several China bikes: http://www.ebay.com/itm/42MM-Angled-...b5595a&vxp=mtr

Perhaps it would work for you. The price is right.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #45

44mm od pz30. Mikuni carb on the list of modification.