Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #31

ok, so the hb units are much smaller. will they fit one carb that is broken down?

this is the one my buddy has in his shop..

it is large enough to hold a carb bank of 4 carbs. also the head off my z1 900 fit as well. maybe thats why his was so spendy..

Old 12-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #32

the smaller size would be the only drawback i can see. i just removed the carbs froom the cm and no way they would fit. so i guess you would just need to seperate all carbs and clean one at a time.

i guess the problem there would be needing to sync carbs once done. not such a big deal... just more work due to tanks smaller size.

oh... and i been runnin linux exclusively for last few days with zero issues and is lightning fast. even boots up and shuts down fast. i did need to download/install a flash player upgrade for video viewing which didn't complete until a reboot... but thats been it. so far so good...

Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Currently on sale for $82.99, and then you can apply a 25% discount coupon = $62.24.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-lite...ner-95563.html
That is the exact deal I took. I also added the extended, 2-year warranty.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
the smaller size would be the only drawback i can see. i just removed the carbs froom the cm and no way they would fit. so i guess you would just need to seperate all carbs and clean one at a time.

i guess the problem there would be needing to sync carbs once done. not such a big deal... just more work due to tanks smaller size.

oh... and i been runnin linux exclusively for last few days with zero issues and is lightning fast. even boots up and shuts down fast. i did need to download/install a flash player upgrade for video viewing which didn't complete until a reboot... but thats been it. so far so good...
Spud and others can answer the size questions; I haven't seen one yet, other than on the HF site. I might just make a larger ultrasonic cleaner out of scrap parts from work. I had all of the parts at one time, but the generator was huge. They're much smaller now. I never thought of dunking a cylinder head.

Glad to hear than Linux is working well for you. I'm looking forward to trying it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #35

did get some work done on the 400 today, got the carbs all done and front brake fixed!

i totally spaced getting pics of the carbs before cleaning. but they certainly needed it.. the bowls were pretty tarnished and the pumper was completely plugged. this explains why it was so sluggish!

but they cleaned up very nicely..

also completely tore down and cleaned front brake from lever to pads, no pics as i was busy... but dang that was nasty and piston was froze up. we finally got it out and ultra sonic cleaned that stuff too and lubed/reassembled and it works awesome! should have it back together next weekend and see how it's running. pretty sure it's gonna run sweet..

here is a pretty cool ol hillclimber my buddy built and used to compete with..

was a good day....

Old 12-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #36

Grest stuff.

That may be the sickest hillclimber I have ever seen.

I like the KTM also.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #37

thats his ktm 525exc as well, i have ridden it several times.. the thing is a monster and never seems to stop pulling... great bike.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #38

Is that hillclimber based on an H3? What size?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #39

it is the 500cc triple which i believe is H1.

i have a 750cc triple engine in garage out of a 72 i had in high school, it is an H2. they also made a 350 and 400 cc version that was the H3/H4. i am not nearly as familiar with those though.

i was riding dirt bikes since i was a wee lad. then when i was 13 or 14 dad put me on his stretched/bored H2! that was well..... interesting and i would never recommend that! lol...

Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #40

I had a 350 Triple, but I only made it run once when I was a teen. I wish I still had it.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #41

i had planned on getting forks done today... but dagone it was cold today! i did get something done though. i got forks off in preparation to change seals..

but seeing as i had easy access to engine i decided to get valves adjusted..

everything up there looked like brand new! and valves were still in spec. i did adjust the intakes slightly to get em to .005 as the .005 was tight but i am sure a .004 would have fit perfect. i didn't bother grabbin a .004 gauge as i just set em to loose end of spec.

the inside of valve cover didn't even need cleaning.. just wiped off mating surfaces and put cover back on.

after installing valve cover i also finished installing front brake after rebuild and bled again and it is good to go.

getting closer....

Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #42

It sure looks clean in there.