Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #1

QLink 700cc

Similar version sold under the "Discovery" name. Approx 700cc, Electronic 4 wheel drive, adjustable shocks, winch, digital dash, you name it, this thing has all the bells and whistles. Mine has 70 miles on it. Here product information:

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/uploaded/e...700-101103.pdf

The engine was overheating, and the previous owner took it to the place of purchase. The invoice said they replaced the coolant reservoir (I suspect this was the cause of the overheating) and head gaskets and cylinder. He brought it home and didn't ride it and when he did it was still overheating. I took it for a spin and it drove perfect for 15 minutes then it ran hot. It had milky oil and coolant. I suspect the shop did not fix this bike correctly the first time. I ordered a new cylinder base and head gasket and I will be thoroughly inspecting the head and entire cooling system for other issues. I have no idea how tight to torque the head back down during reassembly. Does anyone have any info on these bikes??? They seem pretty well built from looking at the undercarriage.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #2

The link doesn't work for me, I just get a 404 error. Does sound like something head gasket or water pump related though... I don't know anything about that particular motor but I know a KLR with a bad mechanical seal on the waterpump impeller will allow coolant into the engine oil.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #3

It's a very close Yamaha clone, built by HSUN if it's the one I'm thinking about. It is also sold as a Q-Link.

We had one here at Andy's shop. He used it for a year or two and sold it to a rancher who has been beating it mercilessly for a year or two.

The only issue it had was with the pushbutton 4WD 'brain' and wiring. Other than that a solid unit.

For information I bet the Yamaha shop manual (Rhino I believe) would serve you well. I bet Q link also has a parts and service manual.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :wink:

Old 06-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #5

New link:

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/p....php?type=atvs

Yes, its the QLink Rodeo 700

They have a parts manual but i did not see a service manual.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #6

Check a cross reference to the analagous Yamaha unit.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #7

I spotted the manual on their website. I'm gonna order one. I took the cylinder head and cylinder off. Now to get it to all go back together
07 CRF50 - Stock

Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #8

I took the water pump completely apart. There is water/oil muck on each side of the shaft seals (2) but when pulled apart the center of the pump looks clean. It really appears that the pump seal is intact. There is a small section in the pump housing that is protected on both ends by seals. If one would have failed then it should have goo all the way through it. Weep hole was free from debris also. I'm starting to get stumped as I've seen no obvious problems.

So far I have a base gasket, head gasket, water pump, base cylinder o-ring, and service manual on order.

I'm considering ordering a cylinder, piston rings, valve seals, and a cylinder head as well. Thoughts?

This 4 wheeler shares an engine with Hisun brand 700s UTVs and looks just like the Yamaha Grizzlies, but not the new fuel injected versions. It has a 5 valve head and is setup like the carb 450s by Yamaha.
07 CRF50 - Stock