Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2023, 07:36 PM   #1

powersportsmax.com recommendation?

Hey guys, just looking for a bit of re-affirming on ordering from powersportsmax.com, I see some terrible reviews in Google but also see some good ones on here.

I'm finally ready to order 2 Templar X 250's for my 13 yr old (5'11" son) and my 16yr old (5'8" daughter) that several very helpful members helped me decide on in another post ( https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33297 ).

I'm leaning to the X over the M primarily due to the X having fully adjustable forks and Shocks, I figure that may be important as neither of my kids are very petite, and in addition I may want to take them out for a spin as well (6' 240lbs) These bikes would be used primarily to just tear around a trail on a 3 acre overgrown field.

powersportsmax.com still has the "Veterans day pricing" going on (which is the same price they had as their fall pricing) on the page for $1749.95 each.
https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/23812
Unfortunately shipping is also $300 a piece, so I didn't know if there was another dealer I should be looking at... I liked the great reviews for venommotorsportsusa.com, but they don't have Templar (and the while the Lifan KPX 250 is tempting at $2900 with free shipping, I really don't have the additional money for two of those right now and after discussing with other members think the carb may be a better buy than fuel injection)

Are you guys confident enough in this company to recommend I buy from them? From reading through the forums I fully expect there will be some kind of issue with the bikes that will need to be resolved and it would be helpful to know if powersportsmax is good about working with the buyer to get them what they need to resolve.

One final question, would it be worth trying to call them directly? The reason for this would be mostly to see what colors they have in inventory to insure the 2 I get are different.

Here is an example link that I found for powersportsmax via Google
https://powersportsmax.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

Last edited by rithac; 11-07-2023 at 07:38 PM. Reason: adding a review link

Old 11-07-2023, 08:10 PM   #2

Everything I've heard has been good. They are a sponsor of the forum. I don't think they would be a sponsor of that had a bad reputation.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-08-2023, 12:35 PM   #3

@JerryHawk250 Thanks for the info! I didn't realize they sponsored the forum, so that's great news!

I know these bikes pretty much just come in a crate from China, and from my time browsing this forum I know these bikes can have issues, and am prepared for that, but what if there is a major issue?

My biggest fear for ordering through Powersportsmax is the repeated reports of them being great for the sale but then receiving little to no support after purchase if there turns out to be a serious issue.

I'm really on the fence of just ordering and hoping for the best, but worst case I do not want to have 2 inoperable unusable Christmas gifts taking up space.

The sites I've linked below are rife with complaints that do not reflect what I've seen in this forum. I'm fully prepared for the possibility of needing to do a bit of work to get a bike in a dependable state, I just didn't want to receive a damaged product (with a bent frame or some other major issue) only to be told I need to figure out how to fix it myself or to ship it back to the dealer at my cost.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/powersportsmax.com
https://www.complaintsboard.com/powe...maxcom-b121233
https://powersportsmax.pissedconsumer.com/review.html
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/south-el-m...1216-100033234

Old 11-08-2023, 01:08 PM   #4

Mine came with shipping damage that was the fault of the carrier and not theirs. They took great care of me. I was actually kind of surprised. I've been thinking of buying a smaller bike for the kids and haven't even considered shopping elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2023, 01:55 PM   #5

@GypsyR Did you have someone specific that you worked with when you ordered? I'm trying to find an email address so I can ask about what colors they have in inventory or how I can use the site to order 2 bikes of different colors. I may just try the general contact form at their webpage.

Old 11-08-2023, 02:28 PM   #6

Last November I purchased two two bikes from them and with the exception of one scuff on the frame they both came intact. I got my wife a Vader and I got myself a moped just for something small for me to ride with her. I think most people's complaints are with R+L and their handling of the bikes during delivery. I've never had to deal with the powersportsmax warranty but from what others have posted they seem to be OK. I'm looking at a few other bikes on there and I definitely would order from them again. With the exception of CSC and venom motorsports they seem to be one of the better places to order.

Old 11-08-2023, 02:41 PM   #7

they certainly did me good, sent some parts I needed and whatnot. I knew what I was getting, and I got what I paid for and also, had a blast in the meantime. almost 6000 miles on the hawk now.

Old 11-08-2023, 05:55 PM   #8

Zora sent me a complete front wheel ready to mount tire/tube tire and brake rotor when I sent a photo of a crack in the hub. Included bearings, axel spacer, seals, and laced/tuned. No questions asked. I find PSM responsive and helpful. BUT, they do not know which part to send, and they are NOT mechanics. I have gotten funny responses, but they were honest and really trying to help.

I am sure that your kids will have a blast on the Temp X. I took another ride last night. Amazing bike for the money.

YOU MIGHT GET $50 or $100 off for ordering 2 of them. Contact them. Email is OK. Check the site and look for a way to contact them.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:11 PM   #9

Thanks for the additional feedback. I sent them a message a few hours ago from their webpage asking about what they have in stock and what their expected turnaround is right now on orders. My only hesitation now is not knowing what my recourse would be if it arrives majorly damaged.. I think all the bad customer service reviews I've seen on other sites have me second guessing everything. If I accept delivery and then later need to return it I'm out paying $300 shipping each way, which is a pretty big chunk when were looking at a $1750 bike... If it arrives and appears to be damaged, can I just refuse delivery? And have them send another one? Thanks for listening to all my ranting, I'm likely just really overthinking everything and looking for problems that I've not yet encountered.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:16 PM   #10

Thanks @Thumper! I'm not having any luck finding an actual email address on the site, but I did fill out their web form so hopefully they will get back to me soon.

When I add two motorcycles to my cart it drops the price of each by $10, but if they respond I'll ask about that and if there is any break on the price of shipping for multiple items.

I did find some info on their site that covers my concerns about something arriving with major damage, it does direct to refuse shipment in the section for Shipment Inspection / Shipping damage Policy
https://www.powersportsmax.com/infor...php?info_id=11
https://www.powersportsmax.com/infor...php?info_id=14

Old 11-08-2023, 07:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithac View Post
Thanks for the additional feedback. I sent them a message a few hours ago from their webpage asking about what they have in stock and what their expected turnaround is right now on orders. My only hesitation now is not knowing what my recourse would be if it arrives majorly damaged...
Document with photos if it is addressable within your limits. PSM will send replacement parts. R&L takes these bikes the final delivery. One of my Templars was in the back of the R&L rtuck standing ON END!! There was evidence of steel frame crush (crate) on the bottom side. But the bike managed to get through unscathed. There was oil poured in from both sides too. @holes. No idea why these shipping dock workers hate Chinese bikes. There are Chinese sourced parts in nearly ALL cars, and kitchens have 95% chinese appliances, not to mention their televisions, wahser/dryer, CLOTHES, shoes... Do they stomp on those palletes when they come through the docks? Sheeesh!

Old 11-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #12

Just buy some where else,I wouldn't even think of buying from them.

Old 11-09-2023, 11:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Just buy some where else, I wouldn't even think of buying from them.
@Buzz, do you have personal experience with them?
I'll admit after seeing reviews I linked to that I've been hesitant, but several on this forum have had good experiences. My main issue seems to be the lack of alternate places to get these bikes.. The other place that I see listing these seem to all by in Texas and would fall under the "manny" dealer umbrella that I've been warned away from.

If someone can recommend another dealer that carries these I'd certainly take a look.

I think I've pretty much decided on two of the Templar X 250CC dirt bikes, or Lifan KPX250 if I could find a deal.

My main issue is with my budget. I need to try and keep the cost around $2000 per bike including shipping.

Last edited by rithac; 11-09-2023 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 11-09-2023, 06:18 PM   #14

Ya pays your money and you takes your chances (I did!)

Or go buy a Kawasaki.

The idiom “You pays your money, you takes your choice” first appeared in print in 1846 in the London magazine Punch.

The late, great American journalist William Safire (1929–2009) wrote a piece about it in The New York Times newspaper.

Mark Twain used the saying in 1884 (Huckleberry Finn, end of chapter 28)

By late 1980s, the idiom additionally was used as a comeback to complaints — similar in sense to “You can like it, or lump it.”

Old 11-09-2023, 07:49 PM   #15

I think there are better places to buy from,good luck.

Tags
dealer recommendation, powersportsmax, templar