Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2022, 02:04 PM   #1

APMC Advance Product Mechandise Co order/review

Let me tell you a little story about APMC

Don Hopper is LEGEND!
This guy goes above and beyond what what can expect!
Thank you Don!

APMC is in TN, so I thought the closer the better. I am in PA
They drop shipped my TBR7 from TX, so didnt matter too much turns out.

I started emailing Don about shipping fees and then decided to place my order.

4.15.22 Ordered Tao TBR7 thru website, APMC sent payment email. paid.
4.20.22 They pickup/shipped the bike sent tracking etc.
4.26.22 Received bike, while I was at work my better half accepted it. All good.

Now this is where it gets crazy. I pulled out most my hair lol.
The papers.
Don and I emailed back and forth for days.
Apparently, the manuf sent blanks to APMC but USPS lost them.
They were issued new ones and after lots of tears (joking, more like frustration)
the finally were received on 5.31.22
5, FIVE weeks later!!

I did get ample time to do all my mods and getting my bike up to greatness.

So 5 weeks after receiving the bike, I was able to register etc and take it on the road.
So worth the wait! I am digging the TBR7!

Throughout all this time, Don was replying to my emails constant, and usually within minutes.
This was out of Don's control, but he dealt with me with much professionalism and patience. I went as easy as I could on him lol.

So end of story, very pleased with my order.
Would recommend APMC and will do business again if I need another bike in the future.
5 stars, A+ in my book.

edit: thanks to Thumper's posts, or else I woulda never found APMC

Old 06-02-2022, 02:16 PM   #2

I am glad it all worked out for you and the company that supplied you, it would appear to me that the moral of this story is to avoid using the USPS as much as possible. Speaking from experience as I have lost more than a $1000 in lost, undelivered and damaged parcels in 2021without any accountability by the USPS
Johno

Old 06-02-2022, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
I am glad it all worked out for you and the company that supplied you, it would appear to me that the moral of this story is to avoid using the USPS as much as possible. Speaking from experience as I have lost more than a $1000 in lost, undelivered and damaged parcels in 2021without any accountability by the USPS
Johno
Yes, I wanted to focus on the great job Don provided.

But yes, the USPS is absolutely the worst.
SOB's if you ask me.
The Mob, untouchables.

2009-2014 I had sent well over 30k packages mostly first class, some priority.
Only one, 1 was in questioned. (the receiver is actually more than likely the culprit in that one)

Since 2021, USPS is garbage. Worthless, no excuse other than cowards.

Yes, the delay and heart wrenching horror was 100% due to the reliability of what the USPS has become.

Use any other shipping service if you have a choice.

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #4

Glad it worked out for you. Yes Don has to be at the top as far as dealers go. That's who i bought my Hawk and daughter UTV from. As far as the USPS? well I'll leave that alone. I don't want to have to banned myself.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-05-2022, 01:05 AM   #5

Hello Anybody ever heard of San Marcos Power Sports, is this a trusted dealer ?

Old 06-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig4dirt View Post

edit: thanks to Thumper's posts, or else I woulda never found APMC
I stumbled into APMC while searching for Bashan bikes. After the first purchase (the Storm) from Don, we bought a TBR7D from him. I like the fact that he doesn't charge a fixed overpriced sum for shipping. He actually goes to the trouble of obtaining shipping bids. On top of his budget pricing, the shipping saved us hundreds of dollars. I did not mind picking the bikes up at the depot with my son. In fact, it was fun!

Don is attentive and responsible, and I thought he deserved the publicity. And I felt confident recommending him

Old 06-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #7

Glad to hear this. I know when Don was first around, he did an excellent job, then everything turned south. Not sure if it was supply issues or what. It's all documented here somewhere. Happy to hear he's back in form.

Regarding USPS, at least around here, they use mostly contract employees and part time folks in their own cars for much of the delivery. Can't remember the last time I saw someone in a USPS uniform in a shiny white truck. The LLV's (mail trucks) are limping along at best, and half broke most of the time. My buddy is a part time parcel deliverer (mostly retired) and when he does use an LLV, he'll end up stranded and need a tow, making the mail and parcels late or undelivered......yet stamps keep going up. It's a sorry state of affairs, to be sure. We do have a new mail carrier and he's still learning the route. Lots of errors. I'd say twice a week we have our neighbors mail.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #8

Glad it worked out for you.
Me? Not so much.
5-12 - Ordered TBR7D
5-19 – Bike Delivered and sent VIN number.
5- 31 - Started emailing about paperwork.
6-01 – replied it was lost in the mail.
6-07 – asked again about paperwork. Was told he emailed Johnny.
6-14 – asked again and stated I was getting worried.
6-22 – asked again.
6-28 – Got tracking number for second set. Stuck in Memphis.
7- 05 – still nothing. Asked it they would try and track it.
Never heard back from Don or Johnny.
7-12 – after not getting a reply from Don or Johnny and deadline for disputing charges I contacted my CC Company and opened a dispute.
7-13 – I see a track was initiated on the package stuck in Memphis but still no communication form Don or Jonny.
At this point I have a bike I cannot do anything with. I have not even put gas in it.
All I want is the promised paperwork so I can register this thing.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:49 PM   #9

Thats a shame, just another screwing company,

Old 07-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #10

I had good luck with my APMC purchase of a Storm, but we had issues with TBR7 paperwork. Maybe this is a second business, or something. I am sorry for the recommendation. Another member here ran into issues with payment issues, cancelled and ended up finding an alternative brick and mortar vendor. Lucky. That worked out for him.

Don't forget that many of these "vendors" work with warehouses 100s of miles away, arranging these orders. They deal with real idiots. Don did get it all done for me on two purchases.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:31 AM   #11

Well Don's payment company said after reviewing both sides I will get a full refund.

I do not understand why getting paperwork is so difficult for some of these companies. In a couple of Don's emails he states that they keep having problems with the USPS, especially the Memphis station. So why keep using them. Hell, I would have paid the extra fee to have the docs FedEx to me as I am sure most people would.

It just does not make sense.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:09 AM   #12

Could the sellers actually be using 'drop shipping', and have zero stock? The MCO, MFG Cert of Origin, would then be coming from 'somewhere' other than the vendors office.
I would ask if the postmark(USPS, after all...) aligns with the location of APC, and others.
They could all be depending upon a source/warehouse that they have no control over.
Too conicidental that 'everything' happens in Memphis, unless maybe things are coming from Memphis. Just a SWAG.
tom

Old 07-25-2022, 11:25 AM   #13

Although Don has a brick and mortar shop, most of the stuff he sells is dropped shipped. So most of what happens is out of his control.

Dealers like Venom Motorsports have there own warehouse and ship there bikes out with MCO and Bill of sale taped to bike. They actually open each box and inspect before sending out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-18-2022, 12:05 PM   #14

Got paper work for Bike

Wanted to update status of my paper work problem.

I finally got the documents around August 2nd. By that time I had already received a charge back from Don's CC company. Don said his CC company would not accept another charge from me but he could accept a check so I sent him a check for payment.

Although I know Don was not directly responsible for the lost paperwork it would seem that he would stop using USPS for document deliveries. I know I would. He said they have constantly had problems with the post office in Memphis. His profit margin may be small but I would hope he is making enough that a $15 FedEx fee would not make or break him. Better yet he should warn his customers that if they do not chip in an extra $20 for FedEx shipping that the paperwork may be delayed, by months! I don’t think anyone would baulk at that.

Would I order from Don again? Yes, I think I would. The bike I received was in excellent shape from shipping and in the end I have a nice bike at a good price point. He also worked with me on shipping to a local dock which saved a little money.

Anyway, all is good despite the aggravation which I really did not need.

Hmmm. just read some other people having problems from Don. Not good. If I could not use a CC I would defiantly not order from anyone.

Old 03-24-2023, 02:58 PM   #15

Yep pre ordered a storm End of April 2021 from Don Hopper at apmc and never recieved it.. just a bunch of blaming others for not shipping it, and then it was shipped and it someone must of stole it at the shipping company, we have filed paperwork,.then it was well we have our lawyer looking into it.. I requested my $ back after a year went buy. And he got shitty and said I'm not taking a loss on this, like I the customer was supposed to take a loss on this. .. then i get an email that he requested a refund, never got it and never heard from the man again...
What a joke this guy is,, then he never responds haven't heard from him close to a year now.
Just want my $ back from this sc-mmr.
Any one know this guys or can contact him. He know who i am. Unless he's done this to others.