Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #1

Question PowerSportsMax = Xpro ?

A YouTube 'Search' turned up two identical (content & time duration) of those 'unboxing & assembly' videos. The videos introduction said that BOTH were produced by XPro; however, one was on a YouTube PowerSportsMax 'channel'.

Hmmm ? ... same outfit? I wondered? ... given that ChinaRiders warned us about dealing with the Texas 'Manny' distributor sites; thank you very much.

Though the PowerSportsMax site says they're located in south El Monte, CA, good luck finding a phone or location for XPro. ` makes me wonder if XPro is the Chinese distributor, buying directly from the Chinese factories?

Last edited by Discoveror; 11-18-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Old 11-18-2023, 06:42 PM   #2

Xpromoto is the eBay seller I bought my KPR200 from and all of the paperwork was from Powersportsmax. Delivery was quick and painless.

Old 11-20-2023, 09:48 AM   #3

PowerSportsMax

I live in Oregon and I bought a BD125-10 from PowerSportsMax California Branch on 10/31/2023.

It was shipped from Texas on 11/03/2023 and was delivered to my driveway on 11/09/2023 the shipping charge was $279.00.

They mailed the MSO to me, I got it on 11/10/2023, I took it to DMV on 11/13/2023 and got my plates and title registration that day.

I would say that they have very quick service, the unit I bought was assembled in the crate. It is still in the crate I have not unwrapped it yet.

Their phone number is 855-256-8969

https://www.powersportsmax.com

Last edited by ras@bobsville.com; 11-20-2023 at 11:48 AM. Reason: more info

Old 11-20-2023, 11:04 AM   #4

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras@bobsville.com View Post
... the unit I bought was assembled in the crate.
Were there any markings/labels on the (new?) crate, indicating that it was from China? Such markings seemed to be the 'trigger', inspiring R&L employees to damage the crate?

Old 11-20-2023, 11:35 AM   #5

Only markings on crate were do not double stack.

Old 11-20-2023, 12:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Only markings on crate were do not double stack.
` looks like after assembling it for you PSM put it in a new/different crate - without China markings - thereby not triggering the R&L non-China enforcers?

Was the assembled crate shipped by R&L?

Old 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM   #7

whoever they are I had a good experience with them.

also, even if it is that Manny guy, it’s possible that he learned how to run a business by now. It’s been a few years. He’s had a lot of problems I guess and a lot of bad publicity. Maybe he turned it around.

Who knows? Maybe that was his first business and he didn’t try to rip people off or cause things to go in a difficult manner. Maybe he was just learning how to run a business. All of us entrepreneurs had a first business. I did. I made mistakes. I learned from them and did a better job the next time

Old 11-21-2023, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
... even if it is that Manny guy, it’s possible that he learned how to run a business by now.
Is 'Manny' behind XPro/PowerSportsMax? That's 'news' to me; I didn't know they were connected? I thought 'Manny' was (strictly?) a Texas (Dallas-Ft. Worth) operator?

I thought XPro/PowerSportsMax was an El Monte, CA operation? ... though I vaguely remember someone saying that their XPro shipment originated from Texas ??? That puzzled me upon reading it?

As to/for 'Manny', I don't believe that someone, operating as I've read that 'Manny' does, grows morality? That strikes me as optimistic?

If someone better knows these connections, it would help if they enlightened the ChinaRiders.

Last edited by Discoveror; 11-21-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Old 11-21-2023, 02:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoveror View Post
Is 'Manny' behind XPro/PowerSportsMax? That's 'news' to me; I didn't know they were connected? I thought 'Manny' was (strictly?) a Texas (Dallas-Ft. Worth) operator?

I thought XPro/PowerSportsMax was an El Monte, CA operation? ... though I vaguely remember someone saying that their XPro shipment originated from Texas ??? That puzzled me upon reading it?

As to/for 'Manny', I don't believe that someone, operating as I've read that 'Manny' does, grows morality? That strikes me as optimistic?

If someone better knows these connections, it would help if they enlightened the ChinaRiders.
Mine came from Texas from Xpro. I guess that’s why I was thinking it might be the same guy

Old 11-21-2023, 03:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Mine came from Texas from Xpro. I guess that’s why I was thinking it might be the same guy
Indeed ... maybe? ... that is perplexing!

Old 11-21-2023, 03:54 PM   #11

Quote:
I live in Oregon

Who lives in Oregon? I thought I had the corner on all things Sasquatch.

Well... there goes the neighborhood.
Honda CB350
Honda CL450
Tyrion the Pit Bike