Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2023, 03:01 AM   #1

PowersportsMax - A solid experniece

I ordered a Templar M after July 4th weekend. I had been looking at a lifan kpx 250, Hawk dlx, and templar x. I decided on the templar x, for the six speed, and adjustable suspension with almost as much (rated) hp, as the dlx at 19. Torque figures were right up there too. If the kpx had 20 with efi and the templar's had 19 without, I was hoping I could squeeze 10-15% more out with a some basic modificaions. The Templar X was out of stock everywhere so I bought an M.

Anyway, after purchase I received an email with a tracking number with R&L, I was familiar with R&L having dealt with them while working at a mine supply warehouse.

The bike arrived much earlier than expected. In fact, if I had not checked the shipment, I would have been caught totally off guard. Even so, I received a call from the driver who told me there was no way he could bring it to my door. I live on a residential street on which requires coming up a hill on a Narrowish road. The driver informed me that his truck with 40 foot trailer was all R&L had available in this area. I was a little perturbed but not shocked. The driver was supposed to wait for me to arrive to unload the bike (I was 10min out) but I passed him on my way home. He'd already put the crate beside the bottom street that leads to other houses, and a road that runs to the top street and my driveway. I was a little upset that he'd just left it beside the road like that, and a little more upset that i'd have to load up my tools, and try to get it put together enough to get it home that evening/night (working in the evening hours then dark until about 11pm)when I got the bike home.

It was packaged perfectly, with zero damage. This post is getting way too long so let me just say, that every step of the way, PowersportsMax (Zora I believe) worked with me every step of the way. I was told the MCO/BillofSale would arrive later and it did arrive about a week later. No big deal to me. As I was kept in the loop as to what I should expect the entire time.

Now, regarding the snafu with delivery I have to say after contacting Powersportsmax, again via email each time, I was presented options on how to resolve my issue with shipping. I chose an option and made a tiny addition / counter which was accepted and taken care of promptly.

I would definitely order again from this company. I know from reading that some have had less than positive experiences with Maxpro, but I have Nothing absolutely nothing to complain about other than the shipping issue that they happily resolved to my satisfaction.

If I had one complaint, it's that I wanted the X and 2 weeks after receiving my M, it was back in stock. This is not their fault. I should have inquired as to when it would be available.

Regardless. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase thus far, the bike has good power and arrived without damage

I am not being paid to promote PowersportsMax, and was not asked by them to post a review.

I'm posting in hopes someone else will check them out and as long as you realize you're not the only customer they have you'll be fine. I can't say anything about RandL other than my shipment arrived without damage.

Old 08-09-2023, 06:37 AM   #2

Good report.

I wonder how many other people have the same problem with the shipping? I had the same problem.

I think mine came R&L too.

I was tracking it pretty carefully so I knew about when it was going to come. Within a day.

The day it was out for delivery, same story. They wouldn’t come down the road where I was. They put it in a parking lot nearby. I had to gather up my tools and go up and unbox it and put the handlebars on and everything in the parking lot.

Old 08-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #3

Bought my KPR last June from Powersportsmax and it arrived on time and in perfect shape. Luckily mine was delivered to my business which has a dock and forklift so I didn't have the delivery issue.

3500 miles later and it's still running strong and typically gets 95+mpg which is the reason I bought it.

Old 08-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #4

95+ mpg, wow! My Templar X gets 50mpg but im always flogging her.. may be on the rich side of jetting as well.. i guess the ecu'd bikes are on the very lean side which makes sense..

With regard to PSM, my experience was good and bad.. first bike, titan DLX came shipped upside down and soaked in oil to the seat, PSM offered some cash-back which was nice.. second, Templar X was shipped perfectly, not a single scratch other than one of the mirrors was broken and they shipped me replacement round mirrors and then when i said its the wrong style they sent me a refund and i bought off Amazon..

Recently to try my luck i sent them an email saying i've owned 2 bikes from them and am very active on Chinariders as well as YT and asked if they would offer me a steep discount in exchange for a review on a future motorcycle purchase thru them, they offered me a $30 discount lol

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #5

Yeah putting it together beside the road really blower. The worst pay for me is that I wanted to take my time putting it together under the our shed.

The worst thing for me is that by the time I finished I was exhausted as it was one of those 100+ degrees days and the humidity here is hell. I knew the throttle wild stick of i turned too hard to the left but I said screw it I'm done. I couldn't keep it running, it wouldn't idle at all. Determined to get it home (I should've pushed it home lol) I basically "laid the far(fire) to it" and coming up my driveway I lost it 3 times (trying to pull out with no idle) then the gas feed stuck lol.

Tore my knees all to H - E double L.

Turns out I didn't have the gas valve turned on right. And the idle issue was because after turning the idle screw in all the way and back out 1.5 wasn't even close.

Turns out the idle screw was sticking and I needed to keep turning (by hand both times). After that and backing out 1.5 it was very close.

Fortunately I didn't have the plastics on yet

Until I change the gearing I'll get nowhere close to 50mpg unless I put around at 30 or 35.

30n bucks ain't much of a discount. I'd say they're cutting every corner they can as is lol.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #6

Oh yeah! You reminded me of what can happen when you put it together fast on the side of the road like we had to.

My throttle was backwards! Ha ha. Somehow I threaded the cable on backwards and you had to roll it away from you to get the throttle to open up. You rolled it back toward you to reduce the throttle. Ha ha.

I was so tired from unexpectedly having to do all that that I asked xpro what was wrong with the throttle and if they knew of a fix. They were going to send me a new one or a refund. And then I was like no. Forget it. I’m stupid. Lol

I actually rode it like that for the first day

Old 08-09-2023, 02:46 PM   #7

I too had an excellent experience with Powersportsmax, zero complaints. I had pretty much the opposite experience with Familygokarts, after 2 months I still can not get any form of paperwork from them so the bike is an expensive paperweight.
GasGas TXT 125

Tags
powersportsmax, purchase experience, review, templar, vendor