Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1

What do you think of this bike?

Not really sure if this a great deal, but the price looks attractive enough for me. Only problem is that the person says that the stator and side cover is damaged. The price of this 110cc dirt bike is $150, but not really sure if it will be worth it since there might be other problems.

Here are the pics. Let me know what you think... The bike it self is from 2008 purchased from daymak.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #2

Hey Yozalo, thanks for checking in!

I sure wouldn't pay that much for a non-running 110. I'd consider offering him half as much if the compression feels right. The frame looks identical to the 125 Gio, but the plastics and seat look better. The rims are steel, so make sure they're not egg-shaped.

I'll tell you right now, the bushings in the swingarm and rear shock suck. You can install new Honda swingarm bushings, but I never did find suitable shock bushings. You could always make some out of UHMW plastic.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #3

Yes...it's been a long time since I haven't been on this forum, but I keep on checking in to see whats going on. Giovanni has changed alot, since a couple of years ago. I remember a few months back they had the penny option crap, and it didn't work out, so they switched back to the original lay out.

Anyways, the bike looks like too much work for me, so I'm going to leave it. More than likely, his son abused the bike, and the bushing got worn out quickly.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #4

Thanks for letting us know that Gio went back to the old format; I haven't been there since they changed to the goofy format.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #5

Yea....have you seen there 140cc dirt bike. I'm looking to get a new dirt bike, but from my stand point, the 125cc looks like a better buy. I can pick it up at auction for around $420 including everything, but the 140cc goes for around $600 - $700 including everything...

Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #6

I think that a 125 is all you need, but I'd hold out for the big wheel version (don't see any 125 big wheels today). PRI is still selling big wheel 125 bikes for cheap; maybe with shipping it would be a decent price.

BTW, you could install the 125 racing stator on that 110, but it would probably be a bear to start.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #7

I checked PR industries, and there charging leg and an arm for shipping. The total comes to $600 including shipping, and as opposed to coming to your door, you have to pick it up at a terminal.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #8

I moved this over to the dirt bike section. I haven't been back to gio since... Well never mind.

Anyways, like Weld, I wouldn't spend that much on a non running 110... Then again, I'm very cheap.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #9

I would give about $50 for that 110, will need about $75 in parts to make the engine run.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #10

Thanks for moving it Jim. I posted in the wrong section, as I'm used to being there most of the time.

Anyways, the 110cc looks like a fun summer project. I'll have to bargain with him...I'll see how it goes.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #11

I bought one like it with similar damage. Sold it to another member here who easily fixed it. I had it running with duct tape and JB weld. He just had to replace the stator plate with is easily found.

If you need I have the parts to fix it.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #12

110cc

Hell the parts are cheap enough and all over the place for those bikes - if good compression then buy

Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #13

Yea...I'm most likely going to purchase a used bike. A new bike will cost me around $500 - $600. Why buy new , when you can buy used for less than 1/3 the price...

The problem with buying these used bikes, is that the person might have abused it...damaging the bushings...but thats where the fun comes in...

Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #14

Good attitude, Yozalo. 8)