Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I love Radio Shack.

Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you will succeed!
Thanks Spud. I went ahead and ordered the correct part from the Qlink website knowing that it will be plug-and-play. Doc has mentioned before about their prices being high and they are. Around $32 for the solenoid with shipping. When I saw that I was reminded of Doctor Smith on Lost in Space...

Oh the pain, the pain.

I bought a replacement manifold from them and even though that price was high also, it fit right and was shipped fast.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #17

At least it is available.

And correct.

And still less than the price of a Japanese bike part.

Not so bad ;-)

Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #18

Dr. Smith was a jerk. I'd have bitch slapped him.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
Thanks Spud. I went ahead and ordered the correct part from the Qlink website knowing that it will be plug-and-play. Doc has mentioned before about their prices being high and they are. Around $32 for the solenoid with shipping. When I saw that I was reminded of Doctor Smith on Lost in Space...

Oh the pain, the pain.

I bought a replacement manifold from them and even though that price was high also, it fit right and was shipped fast.
If you viewed that show in prime time, you are one of my contemporaries.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
At least it is available.

And correct.

And still less than the price of a Japanese bike part.

Not so bad ;-)
True on all points. The Suzuki DR200 solenoid, which MAY have worked (no guarantee), is $65.74 from Bike Bandit.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #21

Time for an update;

I sold the Qlink about three weeks ago. A guy and his brother-in-law came to look at it and bought it. It was a good experiance for me as the one guy who bought the bike, Javon, was knowegable about bikes and did his homework before calling. They ended up staying for almost three hours. I told him that a new solenoid was on order and I would call him when it came in. I even offered to install it for him, which I did last night. He is happy that he bought the bike and I am happy that he is happy. He's getting his sons on it too. All are experianced ATV riders so this is a new dimension for the younger ones.

I had a bad experiance with the Qlink order, though. I ordered it on 06/25. I didn't hear about any shipping for a week which was strange as an earlier order was shipped to me in a few days. I sent an email to ask for an update and was told that shipping was contacted. After the holiday weekend I sent another email requesting a refund as it was now two weeks with no word on the shipping. I was told another email was sent but I would get a refund if it wasn't shipped yet. I then got another email (same day) showing the package was delivered to my door on 07/02. So I looked in my front door and there it was. WTH? I hardly ever use my front door and most deliverys are left on the back porch. I sent a note back telling them I received the package but was displeased about the communication. By this time I had aleady ordered another solenoid through Ebay as I was expecting a refund. This is the one;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Starter-...#ht_2498wt_917

It has the correct plug and was was only $10.49, shipped. D'oh! The wires are a different color but we found out yesterday that it works. Anyway, I guess we can add this to the list of standard parts that fit.

The install went smooth and now the bike will not start in gear without the clutch pulled in. The neutral light is still not working all of the time, though. Javon says that he doesn't mind as the gear display is something new for him anyway. They both still commnet about the features of the bike that are not common on others. The Qlink comes with USD forks, a skid plate, a flash to pass switch, and the dash lights can be switched off. They really like the rear rack and I told them the story about how I got it from Carl over at MCM. I also directed them to that website, and of course, here.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Last edited by david3921; 08-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #22

I'm sorry to hear about the bad communications with QLink. However, I'm glad your trusty bike has found a new owner.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #23

It sounds like the bike went to a good home. I hope that Jovan visits us here.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #24

my neutral light gave up the ghost early in the game (after 3 weeks of proud ownership) by staying on all the time and eventually it burned out. my half educated guess is the switch is in the gears and gets crunched up so that the wire thinks it s time to complete the circuit. i ve disconnected that wire, (essentially an earth wire coming out of the engine) and insulated the power wire in the dash. it just branches off from the loom. as long as those wires aren t damaged there shouldn t be a problem. with the wiring diagram and a multimeter it was a piece of cake.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
my neutral light gave up the ghost early in the game (after 3 weeks of proud ownership) by staying on all the time and eventually it burned out. my half educated guess is the switch is in the gears and gets crunched up so that the wire thinks it s time to complete the circuit. i ve disconnected that wire, (essentially an earth wire coming out of the engine) and insulated the power wire in the dash. it just branches off from the loom. as long as those wires aren t damaged there shouldn t be a problem. with the wiring diagram and a multimeter it was a piece of cake.
If that's the case, you should get continuity between the neutral switch and ground only when the bike is in neutral. If that's the case, then you should see 12V on a meter if you connect the black probe to the switch and the red probe to the positive battery terminal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the bad communications with QLink. However, I'm glad your trusty bike has found a new owner.
I got a email today from them asking me to fill out a survey on my experiance. I filled it out detailing the lack of communication and the high part and shipping costs. I'll post here if I receive a response.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Last edited by david3921; 08-28-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
If that's the case, you should get continuity between the neutral switch and ground only when the bike is in neutral. If that's the case, then you should see 12V on a meter if you connect the black probe to the switch and the red probe to the positive battery terminal.
no, the problem was that i had continuity always, no matter which gear. since i did not want to remove the side cover and see whether i could find the switch anywhere, i disconnected it.