Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #16

i live in south florida. i think he's very far away from that. i don't mind the putting together of the bike, it's the warranty that i'm worried about. if the price was right and he's close enough i could drive but towing my trailer on the back of my built low compression civic might suck down some serious gas.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #17

I don't think the Civic would like that at all!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #18

I haven't noticed any complaints from Lifan riders regarding transmission problems, and I haven't had any myself. The shifting is a little coarse at first and tends to smooth out after a few hundred miles, but that is fairly common in a new bike. Mine is a one down and four up shift pattern.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #19

cool, i think this guy was just trying to scare me into buying a more expensive bike.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #20

Out of curiosity, what bike was he trying to get you on? When I went to Lifan in China's site a few weeks ago(maybe months ago--I am getting old and don't remember details, lol)they did show a picture of an upcoming GY-6 bike. I just wish they could somehow start delivering 250-300 cc engines in this new model.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #21

the other bike had some weird name. i think i'd know it if i heard it. it wasn't a lifan though. i'll have to check lifan's site, maybe i'll wait till the gy-6 comes out but i really like the gy-5.

Edit: yep they show a gy-6. doesn't look much different. http://www.lifan.com/en/showproduct.asp?id=5669

Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #22

ok well the lifan is out since it's a bit more. i'm ordering a bike next week hopefully. a guy at my work and I are going to order them at the same time. he's selling his boat monday so he'll have the money and i already have the cash.

we were looking at getting a couple of alpine bikes from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200cc...QQcmdZViewItem

but now i see that dirtcheapmotorsports is having a sale on their roketas so i might order two of those. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

anyone have any input or advice? i'd really appriciate it. thanks allot.

oh yeah the first guy said that he'll give us sprockets as well but he said he thinks they are 44 tooth? i think they are cheap though right, $30? i might just ask the roketa dealer to throw some in if they have them.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #23

I have had a GY20-5 Lifan for several months now. I just put another 100Km on it today. This is a good running machine. Starts up quickly even in serious NE Ohio cold. Bought mine from EJCycles in Mantua, Ohio. They are a licensed Lifan dealer so there is no probablem with warranty or parts. I have 300 km on it so far and it has run perfectly every time I ride it. Just my$.02 worth. I can't wait to get this back on the trails. I am dang proud of this bike.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #24

there is a gy-5 on ebay right now i'm going to bid on.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #25

The Alpine is a Jetmoto bike. The story I heard when I bought one back in May from Jetmoto itself was that as Jetmoto was establishing a network of physical dealers, the dealers were annoyed that Jetmoto was selling their bikes on Ebay for far less $$ than the MSRP.

I think what happened was that Jetmoto partnered up with Raceway ATV of New York. Raceway is the official distributor east of the Miss. river for Jetmoto, and wanted to also sell a cutrate brand on Ebay. The bikes used to be able to be ordered directly from Jetmoto (how I got mine) but are now only sold by Raceway, yet shipped out of San Francisco. Either way, despite the 'Alpine' name, the MCO, receipt, and tag on the bike all say Jetmoto.

Member 'ACD' ordered an Alpine and stripped off the decals, and member 'Alchemy' ordered a Jetmoto and stripped off the decals and both look great in pure black, and look exactly the same. The bikes are pretty good deals. Try to get a 44 t rear sprocket thrown in like 'Alchemy' did with his Jetmoto if you end up ordering the Alpine.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #26

thanks yeah the guy said that it comes with another rear sprocket as well.

i was going to bid of a lf200gy-5 but it just ended and went for too much. back to either the alpine or the roketa. wich would you guys choose between the two? also for what reasons? hope the guy will be ready to order his monday.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 AM   #27

I Checked xxx-motorsports.com and they have the dbo-7a for under $1100 shipped to your residence. I noticed the buy it now price on your ebay dealer was 799 plus 299 for shipping to a freight terminal.

You may want to check out their sight.
http://www.xxx-motorsports.com/dirt-...26e29fc15f5a3b
Good Luck

NET

Old 12-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #28

thanks again for more info. i've been talking with dirtcheapmotorsports and i think i have worked out a pretty good deal. he's offering me two db07's with a 1 year parts warranty for $1996 shipped. i don't think that i'll be able to find a better deal than that any where else. if the guy at my work is ready monday i'll be placing my order. the place is in atlanta and said that it will only take 3 days to get them.

Edit: OMG i'm about to freak out. i've been going over these bikes like crazy and can't beleive i didn't notice that the Roketa doesn't have the lifan motor. are the roketa engines any good or should i stick with lifan?

Old 12-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #29

If I am not mistaken, the engines on the Roketas are Zongshen built, as are the Jetmoto engines. The engine model # is the same; 163 FML, or you are getting the 169 FML engine. I thought that all 163 FML's were Lifans (my Alpine came with that model #) until the parts guy from Jetmoto told me their engines are Zongshen manufactured. IT is confusing, but Zongshen is a top-notch company, so you should be fine.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #30

My Tank has a Zong Shen 167 motor.