Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #16

Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You could try CG200, 200GY or GY200.
Thanks Weld, I'll try it.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #18

My local China Dealer came through on a CDI. I picked it up today, installed it and we now have plenty of spark. I'm thinking everything I was told that was bad on the bike wasn't. I believe I installed a new stator for nothing. I can only blame myself for not just replacing the ignition electrical parts. When I unplugged the cdi, the connectors were packed with good old red clay mud, most likely shorting everything out. Had barely enough time to get the Vento running today, tomorrow the Baja...I hope.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #19

At the very least, you have a spare stator. Great news on getting spark! You'll be riding it before long.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Last edited by Weldangrind; 09-06-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #20

I agree Weld. I'm still into the bike for less than 350.00! I haven't had much of a chance to finish. I'm also finding that there is a lack of parts suppliers, other than online. Simple things like NGK sparl plugs, fuel lines, clamps and filters are a pain to find. Thank goodness for Napa though. They cater more to the pro shops, but are helpful to the DIYers as myself. I am one of those who can't stop working until it runs. I guess I have a one track mind, but with the lack of a reliable parts place, I have had to learn a bit more patience. Years ago I'd of had it running the same day I bought it. But in those days one trip to the local parts store was all it took. They usually carried everything in stock, other than specialty items. I guess I now qualify as a dinosaur, as my grand kids say.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #21

Well, got it running.....sort of. White smoke, then it cleared. Would not stay running. Black wet lacquer looking stuff leaking out of the exhaust gasket. I'm hoping water vapor and carbon deposits. The carb is leaking ,most likely float needle and bowl gasket. Gotta replace the 'toy throttle cable'. At any rate, I'm glad to get it started at least. No where near machinebikes incredible build! But progress none the less. Carb rebuild, adjust the valves, and check compression. I hope I won't have to rebuild the top end. The mono shock, stays down, then slowly raises. She is 'well worn'. But then again none of us would be here if we didn't like to fix bikes. Makes me appreciate that first ride!

Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #22

I saw that very lacquer running out of the exhaust port of TurboT's quad. There was no exhaust gasket, and the installation of one stopped the goo from running out.

You'd really appreciate a new 30mm Mikuni.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #23

Thanks weld. I'll post photos of the carb. The main needle jet orfice was sitting in the bottom of the bowl! I can't believe it actually started and ran for half a minute. I had no throttle control obviously, other than the choke acting as the throttle. I have installed Mikuni's on a number of bikes. I'm a believer. This 'Japan KE PZ30' is not much of a carb. No external air/mixture jet? It looks like it is internal, in the bowl. In looking at the Mikuni I don't see an A/M external jet either. Interesting. But it's only 40 bucks on ebay, and the rebuild kit for the PZOVSH--T 30 is 22.00. Easy decision!

Last edited by oviking99; 09-09-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #24

It looks like the Mikuni and the KE PZ30 both have a mixture screw on the lip of the bowl. My mistake.

Last edited by oviking99; 09-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #25

Correct on the pilot mixture screw location. I've installed several $40 30mm Mikunis on four strokes ranging from 200 to 230cc, and I've had good success. They have very good castings, but the real benefit is that jets are easy to find.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #26

Got it running. Still need an exhaust gasket. Rebuilt and adjusted the carb. Set idle +/-1400rpm. Smokes like a forrest fire. Next stop, top end. Oh well. I have replaced the stator, coil, cdi and spark plug. Rebuilt the carb, adjusted the valves. Now before I do a top end I'm gonna make sure the transmission is functional. So 250.00 bike + 36.00 stator, 18.00 coil, 4.00 plug + 4.00 fuel filter + 3.50 oil + 42.00 cdi 18.00 carb kit, = 375.00 total so far. I won't know how much for the top end till I tear it down. I wonder what the value of the bike is?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #27

I bought a rebuild kit for the carb, just to get it running. See my post under Dealer feedback. Now here's a good deal from PCC Motor for a Mikuni 30mm 35 bucks shipped;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30MM-MIKUNI-...b0ed4d&vxp=mtr

Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #28

My US friends get the good deals on shipping. I can't get that carb shipped to me for much less than $40.00.

If the transmission shifts, you're way ahead, IMHO, even if you need to rebuild the top end. The cool part os that you can use a larger cylinder and piston for the same price.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #29

X motos makes these bikes for baja the importer . One of there sales girls was a member her . i believe the name is Heather

Old 09-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #30

Weld, its too bad about shipping for you. That's the deal maker for me.
recracer, I was aware that X-motos makes the bike. But I'm wondering if Zongshen doesn't make the engine. Although it is a pushrod engine, it sure has a strong resemblance to my ZS169FML. Thanks for the info!

Well better than expected in her first run. I had a hard time believing it needed a top end, with such good compression. Turns out the header and muffler must have been full of gunk. After a few miles it cleared up, no smoke. It shifts great. Now for an exhaust gasket (back-fires) and Mikuni. The PZ30 is sure a 'rough' carb, even after adjusting the mixture/idle. No 'slow ramp' to Mid throttle. More like a cliff. The engine pulls strong and fast. I am pleased!

Last edited by oviking99; 09-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.