Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #1

Lifan usa

Hello everyone. I emailed Lifan USA and they said that the models on the American Lifan website should be available mid June. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Lifan when they sold bikes in the us before. Do they do online sales like many china bikes? Or are they strictly sold to dealer networks? Does anyone have any info on where some east coast dealers might be or have any information on particularly the kp mini?

Thanks!!

Old 06-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #2

I don't have direct experience from 'before' (2006 to about 2010), but many people had the GY-5 model here (Chinariders.net was based on that bike). They had a dealer network, but some importers managed to get either 'counterfeit' (if you listened to the old American Lifan) or grey market Lifans, that were very popular as mail-order bikes. However, there was ONE official mail-order company that would only sell bikes if there was no American Lifan dealer within a certain distance from you.

The revamped American Lifan is run by a completely different group of people and is headquartered in So. Cal., whereas it used to be headquartered in the Dallas area. From what I understand, unless importers manage to bring in grey area Lifans this time around (doubtful), American Lifan will only sell through authorized dealers. They have not seemed to even tease who ANY of their dealers will be, so no idea. I do know there will most likely not be any California dealers, because I called them; they are NOT CARB certified for California, but according to their EPA certification for a few of their bikes, they are 49-state EPA/DOT certified.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I don't have direct experience from 'before' (2006 to about 2010), but many people had the GY-5 model here (Chinariders.net was based on that bike). They had a dealer network, but some importers managed to get either 'counterfeit' (if you listened to the old American Lifan) or grey market Lifans, that were very popular as mail-order bikes. However, there was ONE official mail-order company that would only sell bikes if there was no American Lifan dealer within a certain distance from you.

The revamped American Lifan is run by a completely different group of people and is headquartered in So. Cal., whereas it used to be headquartered in the Dallas area. From what I understand, unless importers manage to bring in grey area Lifans this time around (doubtful), American Lifan will only sell through authorized dealers. They have not seemed to even tease who ANY of their dealers will be, so no idea. I do know there will most likely not be any California dealers, because I called them; they are NOT CARB certified for California, but according to their EPA certification for a few of their bikes, they are 49-state EPA/DOT certified.
Im not in CA so 49 state legal is good enough for me! I am sceptical about them being available mid-june considering I haven't seen or been able to dig up any info on them coming here. That's why I was posting on here to see if anyone with any dealer connections or people with more knowledge hen me, have heard anything about the US release. The site has been up since 2016... It's odd that they would keep the site up so long and still not have bikes here.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss86 View Post
Hello everyone. I emailed Lifan USA and they said that the models on the American Lifan website should be available mid June. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Lifan when they sold bikes in the us before. Do they do online sales like many china bikes? Or are they strictly sold to dealer networks? Does anyone have any info on where some east coast dealers might be or have any information on particularly the kp mini?

Thanks!!
Got a link to the site? The site I found didn't have pricing.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #5

Ive been speaking with one of their reps. I'm hoping to have a couple of their first bikes and have a review on youtube as quick as I can.

"We should have KPMini in CA this week and mini in east coast distribution following week and thru customs clearance

Will keep you in the loop and get dealer info to you"

Old 06-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvl8rida View Post
Ive been speaking with one of their reps. I'm hoping to have a couple of their first bikes and have a review on youtube as quick as I can.

"We should have KPMini in CA this week and mini in east coast distribution following week and thru customs clearance

That's awesome. Please do keep us updated

Old 06-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #7

I got this from another forum. It gives a few links to vendors that sell or have sold Lifans.
"... or you can buy a Lifan/Skygo Pony-- Which is a pretty good quality Chinese clone of the Ape in 100cc (and fit Honda parts??)..

I bought my Pony from this site for $999 shipped and I think it was a fantastic deal. http://www.apscusa.com Doesn't look like they still have them.

This place still has them apparently, but wants more $$"
http://www.mandmmotorsports.com/moto4.asp

Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvl8rida View Post

Also what's your YouTube channel so I can keep an eye out for the vids!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #9

Just checked my email and got this response.

"Hello, thanks for your interest in our KPMini 150 . we should have the product available on or about 7/3 in the USA . I have a few dealership options in the Philadelphia area . I will let you know when I contact the dealership prospect to accommodate your interest"

Old 06-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #10

Also check this,
https://www.cityscooters.com/bikes
Has the kp mini listed as their newest arrival. So they must know they are getting one soon. So ... Good news is there is at least some signs they're coming! Can't wait.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #11

KP Mini $2,199.99 and KP-200 $2,799.00

http://norcoridepowersports.com/brands/lifan/

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #12

I reached out to American Lifan and they gave me the contact info for their guy Wes who is handling the dealers (or so it seems). I told him my location (Virginia Beach) and he said the closet dealer to me is in Pompano Beach, Fla. He gave me the guys store name & name (Scooter Ave., Marcio) and told me he would pass my number along to him and he will call me soon. I asked him how much were they selling the KP MINI 150 for and he said $2900! Fast forward 10 days later, one follow up call from Wes (when I told him I had not heard from Marcio yet). Then 2 days later I receive a call from Marcio who said he was out of the country but is now back. Said he had the 150 in stock but when I asked what colors are available he wasn't sure. He said the bike will be $2200 shipped to my door, with the MCO being shipped overnight. Googled the location and the reviews of the store were less than stellar FWIW
I was hoping American Lifan would set up a reliable dealer network that would support their products stateside. So far it appears they're using independent scooter shops, so customer service and built quality could vary greatly. Hopefully this doesn't hurt the return of Lifan to the States.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
KP Mini $2,199.99 and KP-200 $2,799.00

http://norcoridepowersports.com/brands/lifan/
Ironically, as of a few months ago when I spoke with the guy at Lifan, they aren't doing CARB certification, so my guess is norcoridepowersports is planning mail-order out of state.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Leek View Post
So far it appears they're using independent scooter shops, so customer service and built quality could vary greatly. Hopefully this doesn't hurt the return of Lifan to the States.
I was hoping they might have copied CSC's model and drop-shipped bikes directly, but my friend Alan, who knows the head guy at A. Lifan, told me that Chinese powersports companies (run by Chinese) tend to want to be 'the next Honda' so will attempt to establish dealer networks, and end up taking on whoever they can get. I am guessing quality is a little above the usual fare, so unless the local shop is run by idiots (I am sure there are a few out there), one will get a decent product.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 AM   #15

Phoenix has Lifans; at least the Mini

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/m...207865625.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150