Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2021, 10:13 PM   #46

It is 4 am, so I have no way to check when I will probably get up at noon, I will record a diary on my motorcycle and compare them.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:26 PM   #47

On a quick comparison with the log file available in the ben elli TRK 251 program you can see the strange behavior here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idle error.jpg (128.4 KB, 136 views)

Old 08-29-2021, 10:36 PM   #48

It's 4am and I can't think too much anymore, but it looks like a crazy TPS sensor, but tomorrow er actually today I'll still compare it to my rx3.If the map sensor or tps is defective after some time from the bad mixture it will give a lambda error like the one you got.

Old 08-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #49

I made a log of my bike and compared you can see the problem with the throttle position you can clean it and check the plug contacts you can also replace the TPS I assume it is the problem you can look for such a TPS if the original one is expensive.

https://mega.nz/file/rMlnWaxL#ACQk_N...Hv4dhfG2crCcaU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compare log.jpg (53.6 KB, 117 views)

Old 08-31-2021, 09:23 PM   #50

Yeah, comparing those two data logs, I'm going to say there is something up with your TPS. Clean it if you can, replace it if you can't.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:55 AM   #51

I replaced the TPS, and it seemed to get better. I was riding the bike conservatively and the ECU corrected for the new TPS. Idle was rock solid stable, no codes, and the bike no longer hesitated or stuttered.

so then I took it on the highway and let it get good and hot, and the problem came right back.

I replaced the MAP sensor, because it was easy to get to. No effect. So that leaves the IAC valve. That's the last thing I haven't replaced.

Of course, now I'm feeling highly frustrated and severely pessimistic, and I'm doubting that the IAC valve will fix the problem. Which means ordering a new throttle body assembly and throwing even more money down the tubes.

I'm not pleased at all.

It's extra frustrating because I keep missing going on trips on the RX3. I *LOVE* riding the RX3. I love the size and the off-road capability and the light weight. But this will be the THIRD trip this year that I've missed due to the bike breaking right before the planned trip. This will be the third time I ride my absolutely trouble-free Benelli Leoncino instead.

Charles.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:16 AM   #52

Very strange things, I wonder how the temperature sensor works in this motorcycle, I used to have this in my car and the problem was the temp sensor but in the program you can see that the temp is ok and other things raise questions, interesting that for some time it was ok I assume until it warmed up well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IAC correction problem.jpg (169.2 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg IAC.jpg (160.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg fast charlie(3).jpg (139.2 KB, 98 views)

Old 09-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
Very strange things, I wonder how the temperature sensor works in this motorcycle, I used to have this in my car and the problem was the temp sensor but in the program you can see that the temp is ok and other things raise questions, interesting that for some time it was ok I assume until it warmed up well
Yep, Hondas in particular, are notorious for having wonky idles when the engine cooling system or coolant temperature sensor isn't working right. Usually it is due to air getting trapped in the system and not being bled out. Remember, this engine has been apart twice for repairs - there could be trapped air or the coolant level could just be low. Hence the problem reappearing when it gets hot.

It could also be a bad electrical connection somewhere; it's OK when the wiring harness and connectors are cold, but it breaks contact once things start to heat up. Man, an oscilloscope would sure come in handy here. Probably wouldn't take more than thirty minutes or so to find out what and where the issue is.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #54

Oh, I wonder what gearing it takes to get a RX3 up to 318 MPH?

Old 09-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
Oh, I wonder what gearing it takes to get a RX3 up to 318 MPH?

apparently in the 13th gear downhill and with good winds you can achieve this speed

Old 09-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #56

Charlie, if you can clear the errors and record the log file again and see if there are still errors replacing every part without finding the cause is not the best solution maybe it will work maybe not look that the throttle position at your place changes even though you do not add gas it is very strange because you control it and it IAC not the other way around it could be some kind of error in signal transmission check the plugs well spray gold contact or similar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throotle position 2.jpg (185.7 KB, 104 views)

Old 09-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #57

So I've replaced:

TPS (CSC part)
IAC Valve (CSC part)
O2 Sensor (delphi cross-reference)
MAP sensor (delphi cross-reference)

I've also disabled and removed the charcoal canister and blocked off the vacuum port on the head. (I left the valve attached so as not to throw a code).

The bike will idle normally for a while, and then start gaining revs as it heats up. dongle shows TPS percentage is slowly increasing, but the throttle is not moving.

Bike runs like absolute shit and will eventually throw o2 sensor code.

If bike is running and I unplug the TPS sensor, the idle immediately settles down. However, the percentage shown on the computer starts fluctuating wildly.

So... this seems unfixable to me. I've already replaced all the parts that could possibly control idle, and nothing is working. Has anyone done a carb conversion? I'm sick of this bullshit.

Charles.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:49 AM   #58

plis do log file

Old 09-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Idle has been acting up the last few days. It'll stick right around 3000 rpm, and will not come down. If I let the clutch out slowly the bike will fight me as if I was giving throttle input. There is no vacuum leak and the throttle cables have plenty of play and are not binding. They're returning to the stop correctly.

I'm guessing the throttle position sensor is at fault. Or is there an IAC (Idle Air Control) valve to contend with?

Charles.
Hi ChopperCharles, a thought here from old J4Fun (and I know it may weaken the team) but when you let off the twist grip can you feel it snap back? If so then I'm thinking your sucking air in where you don't want to. You know where it would be after the throttle body look closely there. It just seems like something easy like loose bolts bad gasket, loose hose clamp or bad hose? I'm just looking at my Hawk DXL and thinking of what your problem might be! Good Luck

Old 09-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
So I've replaced:

TPS (CSC part)
IAC Valve (CSC part)
O2 Sensor (delphi cross-reference)
MAP sensor (delphi cross-reference)

I've also disabled and removed the charcoal canister and blocked off the vacuum port on the head. (I left the valve attached so as not to throw a code).

The bike will idle normally for a while, and then start gaining revs as it heats up. dongle shows TPS percentage is slowly increasing, but the throttle is not moving.

Bike runs like absolute shit and will eventually throw o2 sensor code.

If bike is running and I unplug the TPS sensor, the idle immediately settles down. However, the percentage shown on the computer starts fluctuating wildly.

So... this seems unfixable to me. I've already replaced all the parts that could possibly control idle, and nothing is working. Has anyone done a carb conversion? I'm sick of this bullshit.

Charles.
Nothing is unfixable. Do as Lukas requests and post a current log file. Also, it might help to throw up a quick video of the high idle condition. Also, what is the exact O2 code? Is it just the the O2 heater circuit, if it has one, or is it not switching like it is supposed to? Just because its new, doesn't mena that it is good. If you're getting one, then something is not to the ECU's liking, when that happens many ECU's go into a default limp in mode - such as raising the idle, turning on the cooling fans, engaging a RPM limiter, etc, until the condition is fixed. That could be what is happening here.

When you swapped out the IAC, did you clean the passage in the throttle body? It almost sounds like something is opening up dimensionally as the bike gets hot, which is letting in more air in and causing the ECU to add fuel. The fuel trims in your log file will show this, if that is indeed what is happening. Oh, and I don't believe that the coolant temperature sensor has been changed, unless you forgot to mention it. I know what I said about the parts cannon, but at this point it's all that is left, apart from the ECU itself or an issue with the wiring harness.

I realize that this is frustrating, it always is when you are tracking down something, but stick with it, you'll get there.