Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2021, 09:51 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Hazard Light Rewire

Just throwing this out there for anyone who has wanted to repurpose the "useless" (imo) hazard light switch on the Brozz. I'm going to be adding a kill switch later, but for now, here is how I wired my hazard switch to become an on/off switch for my fog lights (should anyone else want to do the same). I've also shared this with MotoCheez, so he can share it with his network (if he wants) too.

Fog Lights (how I have them mounted):

Fog Lights On (via the old hazard light switch ~ above the starter button):

Wiring Diagram (just ask if you have any questions):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDb...ew?usp=sharing

Old 03-12-2021, 12:47 PM   #2

Is there any way to turn the Hazard Switch into a Kill Switch?

I have been looking at these for 9.99 on Amazon, but thought a switch is a switch and was hoping it might be possible just to repurpose the hazard switch.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 03-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #3

One thing to consider.. although i have never used it.. you guys could always use that hazard switch on the highways when going up-hill, just like all the tractor trailers near me that struggle to maintain the 70mph speed limit up the mountain hills and then hit the hazards as they crawl up the hill at 40mph

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 03-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #4

Good point, but damn that just had me laughing.

~idle_purr

Old 03-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Rewire Hazard Switch to Kill Switch
From the post I made on how to wire the switch

I rewired this today. Interesting the blue and orange flasher wires have a diode in line.

The three wires you need to modify are the blue, orange and gray wires.

I took the switch and harness off the bike so I could remove the wires from the molex plug.

To remove the wires from the plug use a small screwdriver or dental pick to push the holder on the pin.

I removed the harness cover at this point you will see where the blue wire is spliced and another wire is added the orange wire and the diodes are placed in line.

I cut the the blue wire before the splice and then I spliced in a wire to match the length of the gray wire.

I cut the gray wire to remove the connector. You now have the two wires you need to splice into the ignition switch harness.

I removed the green and black wire with white stripe from the molex connector.

I then used an exacto knife to remove about 3/8 inch of insulation right before the pin.

I then soldered the blue and gray wires to the green and black/white stripe wires.

I used shrink tubing to finish the wires up and put the wires back into the molex connector.

I now have a kill switch. and no emergency flashers.
This seems to be what I am looking for.

Last edited by idle_purr; 03-13-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #6

I actually like having the hazard switch. Don’t get me wrong, it’s in the wrong location. I’ve used the hazards several times while pulling over to use the phone. I like the idea of swapping out the switch for the one above and make a kill switch are rerouting the hazards to a switch at another location.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 03-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #7

Here is a link to an earlier discussion on converting the hazard switch to a kill switch.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24635

John

Old 03-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
I actually like having the hazard switch. Don’t get me wrong, it’s in the wrong location. I’ve used the hazards several times while pulling over to use the phone. I like the idea of swapping out the switch for the one above and make a kill switch are rerouting the hazards to a switch at another location.
I had the same thought, this was the replacement hazard switch I had in mind for $7.99, I know the little light icon/logo on it is incorrect but some acetone would clean it right off.

~idle_purr

Old 03-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #9

I didn't use a separate switch b/c some of the bikes I've ridden before have a headlight switch on the right control, so it seemed natural to me. Eventually I may rewire the hazards into a kill switch (something like THIS switch), which would be more normal, & use a separate (or custom) switch on the left side for the fogs.

As for using hazards for taking calls, I have a rule that I don't take calls while I'm driving (even in a car), so I'd either pull into a parking lot or check my phone for calls at stops, so the hazards don't help there....
and as for going uphill while maintaining speed... I only use this bike for cruising around town and a little O.R. fun. I have bigger bikes for highway riding.

All fair & valid points, but if any use this bike as I do, then they may want to repurpose the hazards as I did. As a side note, I intentionally bypassed the inline "diode" for my purposes.

Spins:
If you like the hazards, why not add a 2nd switch & rig that with the existing hazard wires, then grab a right control (like the one "idle" listed) & rewire it for ignition & kill switch? I'll eventually be doing the same thing, but instead of hazards being my secondary control, it'll be my fogs.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:15 PM   #10

I think my previous post got removed for some reason (not sure why... b/c I posted an Amazon link maybe??)

Anyway...

Idle... here is the control I'm looking at using to replace my existing controls (plus an extra switch for the light bar for my fogs).

This switch combo will also give the option to run a cable to my choke to control it from the left control (which will be nice ~ like the carb'ed Jap bikes).

Tags
brozz 250, lights, wiring