Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #1

SSR SR70C or Apollo DB25 for kids first bike?

These are the two bikes that I’m trying to decide between. Hopefully I can get some feedback.

My 8 year old son has an inseam of 21”. I’m getting conflicting information on the seat height for the DB25. Most say around 21” but some sites say 25” and 25 would be just a tad too much I think. Looked at a couple videos and it doesn’t look like it would be too high though.

From all the research I’ve done over the past couple of days it does seem that both bikes will be easy to find parts for, but is there anything else? Any advice? Would be much appreciated.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #2

Either bike should serve you well. The SSR has been around for years and years and was known as a solid bike 5 to 10 years ago. Apollo have been around for several years in the pitbike realm, and are known as a quality bike as well. You could probably literally take a spinner from a board game and put 'SSR' on a few sticky notes and 'Apollo' on others and stick them around the spinner and pick either bike at random.

If I was in your situation personally, however, I would just take the SSR because it has been around a few more years.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard