Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #1

Broken turn signal switch & self-canceling signals

My turn signal switch is very hard to cancel. It presses in but doesn't always actually work. It's a lot to fiddle with and worry about in traffic. The replacement is really cheap from CSC ($25), but I also wonder about better options. I saw a CSC blog entry where Steve was selling his modded-up RX with self-canceling signals, but they didn't give details on that. I've seen several systems where they just cancel after a set time, which seems dumb. My last few bikes have had various forms of intelligent self canceling, though that certain takes more bike integration. Any thoughts/ideas on this, anyone else using something they like?

I've been fantasizing about using an Arduino with an accelerometer and a gyro to build a truly automated system. The accelerometer could detect deceleration without braking and flash the brake light, and use the gyro to detect when you turned and auto-cancel the signals intelligently. But I'm not a good programmer at all, I'm more of a systems guy.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #2

That's a genius idea using an Arduino with a gyro! Check YouTube, there are hundreds of videos about programming those things.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:55 PM   #3

You use your indicators? WOW! lol

Seems all very fancy for a simple thing to me lol

Old 10-29-2018, 02:05 PM   #4

I always over-think and automate everything. Mostly it's because I'm already working on it. And yeah, around here, indicators are pretty regularly used. I figure the cagers are already trying to kill me, let's do everything possible to stop them.