Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

New member from Guatemala, Central America

Dear friends,
Just wanted to introduce myself here.
I am from Guatemala, I just bought my RX3 and I am so happy about it.
As you can see from the pic below, this is exactly how it came, including the Aluminum Panniers.
Wheels are 19 front and 18 rear.
My decision making was the fact that this same bike goes to US with CSC, as I travel frequently I will have no issues on parts if my local dealer has any issues or wants to charge more hahaha.

I have read a lot here and hope based on my riding hours coming, I can also contribute.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

Welcome!

Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #3

Awesome looking bike!

Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #4

Also I sell parts n extra accessories from China - Stuff that is not sold in the USA etc.
Check my threads or join my facebook page as I add new products and items I am testing to sell etc ENJOY the bike mate

Old 10-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #5

Welcome Juanca. Looking forward to your travel post.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #6

Welcome!

Old 10-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #7

Thanks all for the welcome messages.
I will try and go sightseeing this Saturday to put some miles on it.
Dealer request first service after 500 KMS, so I hope in 2 weeks that is complete, for breaking in, I am not going above 6K rpm, and trying not to ride at constant speed.
The only hick ups I have so far is a rattle noise, that I believe are valves that will need to be calibrated during the first service and the other one, is a small stall sometimes when moving from a red light, then all goes fine, but it is like the bike will cough and then accelerate normal, also some explosions after going cruising and decelerate.

Any ideas?

Old 10-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Thanks all for the welcome messages.
I will try and go sightseeing this Saturday to put some miles on it.
Dealer request first service after 500 KMS, so I hope in 2 weeks that is complete, for breaking in, I am not going above 6K rpm, and trying not to ride at constant speed.
The only hick ups I have so far is a rattle noise, that I believe are valves that will need to be calibrated during the first service and the other one, is a small stall sometimes when moving from a red light, then all goes fine, but it is like the bike will cough and then accelerate normal, also some explosions after going cruising and decelerate.

Any ideas?
Couple things that might help you:

1: the clutch basket makes noise, so you hear a rattle at idle and when you pull the clutch in it is quite, very normal.
2: your EFI might need some time to self learn depending n altitude or environment or fuel, also while you have the bike apart for valves remove the throttle body and check that the throttle butterfly closes correctly and adjust if needed.
If you do adjust the throttle butterfly you will need to reset the ECU/Erase its self learning buy switch on/off key 5 times in about 3 seconds then leave it off for 15 seconds before ON again (be sure the kill switch is n and you hear pump prime during this procedure)
My bike with a brand new stepper motor and 300 kit still pops the odd time (There have been some slight updates to the ECU program version I believe and I just replaced my ECU with a new one - see if any change)

3: I personally suggest a couple of short oil changes and the 3rd use synthetic or semi synthetic, but you will find loads of opinions on this subject.

Enjoy riding! that is the most important part.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #9

Welcome! Us dumb Americans are blessed to have another from elsewhere with excellent U. S. of A. language skills. Good solutions and mods at low prices almost always come from elsewhere.