Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Interesting ideas. I've been considering taking the RX3 into areas that have coyote problems to do a little eradication shooting. I'd want the rifle quickly accessible but protected since there'd be a good chance of a tipover in the rocky areas.

We also have areas with feral hog problems, but I'm pretty sure putting my .50 BMG on the RX3 would be a challenge.
.50 BMG? For feral hogs? I suppose you want them already butchered when they hit the ground? Can't believe you actually find any pieces of a hog shot with a .50 BMG. Definitely don't waste your money shooting coyotes with a .50 BMG. I've found a .308 Winchester entirely adequate with a minimal breeze out to about 600 meters for coyotes, that's my other 40XB. Just shoot them in the vitals and let them wander off. They really aren't worth anything. Don't think I could handle the recoil of a 50 BMG. Hurts just thinking about it. Wonder what would be left of a ground hog if you smacked one of those with your .50 BMG?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Interesting stats! But are we just reporting more crimes? I mean look at the list and some countries show low crime which I doubt is all crimes etc.

Interesting non the less!
I think your LEOs do a better job catching the bad guys, so more arrests, more records of crimes. Ours might not do so well, so I think many crimes are never recorded here, and neither is the revenge. I don't look at other countries--most are pretty disgusting. For instance, in Mexico, 98% of political regions allow 12-year old girls to decide with whom they have sex. It's 14 years in that last state. 1 of 5 Mexicans now live in the U. S. of A., and think 14-year olds are legal rape victims, if not 12 year olds. Bit of a cultural shock when you see the number of Mexicans in prison here for raping children they thought were legal because they seem to think Mexican laws takes precedence. Be thankful for your sharks.

Actually, both U. S. of A. and N. Z. have been putting serious efforts into dropping crime rates, and it shows.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #18

Hah, yes, I like the hogs to already be crispy and cooked after shooting! But really, while it's very destructive, it's not like they explode or anything. There are no expanding/hollow point bullets for the .50, so while very powerful, they go right through. The reasons for the .50 and hogs is that shooting them from a hill at long range is much easier than trying to sneak in for close shots. Also, it sounds like fun, and the damn things are destroying so much land here.

Quote:
Don't think I could handle the recoil of a 50 BMG.
I have a HUGE brake on it, so the hit is more of a push than a punch and is like a large magnum rifle. Also the bare rifle weighs 30 pounds, and with scope and a full mag we're over 40. The really impressive and cool part is how it compresses the air and basically sucks the wind out of you lightly with every shot.

Here's my shooting table build album, and you can see the rifle in the last few including the brake: https://imgur.com/a/RwGZ2

Shooting video:

Exploding tip ammo at 300 yards:

Old 10-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #19

On the other hand, we have coyotes on our public transit. To be fair, he does seem to be minding his own business.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:06 PM   #20

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/5BQujUgwDhGdjga3cPZJXw

Old 10-30-2018, 10:30 PM   #21

I like the way the bike with the mag wheels, Tourfella luggage, and old school headlight looks.