Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #1

Tourfella bags

Somehow my post about the Tourfella bags seems to have gone into a black hole. Here's the short version...I got the bags from NZ and they are exceptionally well made. OK, probably not waterproof. The outside is something like 550 Cordura so it's really strong. Inside there is a nylon lining that feels more like the inside of a jacket. You also have a zipper pocket and two open pockets on the inside. For me these bags are perfect. I can take my treasures out of the Tourfella box and into a motel. That's what I wanted. There is no drama, no danger of the bags bursting, zipper snagging, or basically not a good fit. I'm a happy camper. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Peter Y.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #2

What do they cost?

Old 10-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
What do they cost?
$35 each plus shipping (I sent them while I was in the USA and was cheaper, they get bulky to be fair)

Old 10-14-2018, 06:23 PM   #4

Sample pics

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #5

Nice, where did you ordered them from?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Nice, where did you ordered them from?
I live in China, I ride an RX3 and its my 3rd.
I sell spare parts upgrades and mostly anything RX3 or NC250 related and ship with cHINA POST & dhl ETC

Check my threads as I have listed a bunch of stuff and some things are still in development stages.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303055825109

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 08-09-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #7

Not necessary for the bags to be waterproof if used in TourFella panniers. The TourFella panniers and top case on my RX3 have never leaked and I've ridden some nasty storms. Even though I still have the top case the bike landed on at 65mph on the bike, still no leaks. I have a set on the way.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #8

How much to Canada, near Victoria, BC?
Farkles: CSC Skid Plate, Seat Concepts Low Seat, Genssi LED, Center Stand, USB/Cig Pwr, GPS mount, Spotlights, Sintered Brake Pad, 13T / 45T, Shinko 804/805, Side Stand Pad, Tourfella Luggage, Heated Grips, Sheepskin Gel pad, Progressive 465 Shock

Old 10-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #9

He brought me a couple while in the US, and I've used them twice so far (been traveling, not much riding). I do love them. The quality is excellent, and they have some thoughtful extras like small pockets for things you don't want to get lost in the main compartment.

Tako, they don't seem to make a bag for the top case, is that correct?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #10

Where can I get a set

These look amazing, exactly what I need. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroenjunkie View Post
These look amazing, exactly what I need. Could someone please point me in the right direction.
NZBrakelathes provides a good price. Ships from China. You can PM him from his entry about 5 posts below this one, or just post a question and he will answer right in this forum. He might simply respond to or PM you from your post here.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroenjunkie View Post
Remember a year ago I offered to look at sending you stuff back to New Zealand with my family? remember I sell parts etc? I am from Hamilton New Zealand so around 400km from where you currently live.

Here's a box ready for the USA (Once the customer FINALLY gets back to me with his address and payment) it contains: 300 Kit, Brake Master cylinder and spare lever, water bottle upgrade clutch bracket lever upgrade and 2 tourfella bags and shipping is a decently low price of $60 - 300 kit alone is $45 so the extra stuff adds good value as a bulk total etc.

I also have the oil filters and can supply you to New Zealand (back home) more or less any RX3 parts and hey we both speak Kiwi English lol!

I am unsure how else I can inform people that I sell with knowledge and own an RX3 so I am fairly well up with stuff on this bike (not to say I know it all or am a know all)

I do not sell on Aliexpress and I am not like those "sellers without knowledge" I actually have ride own and fix the RX3 and supply parts upgrades and accessories best I can and at a fair overall price.
Even sell to the U.K importer who stopped selling bikes the spares they need for their bikes and their old customers bikes.

Well that is my rant n I can't think what else to say or do except stay honest and get my orders correct (I have many orders bought locally and loads of mistakes which I have to fix before I send abroad)

I also have a Facebook page - Zonshshen RX3 as well as Nc250 parts for sale

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
He brought me a couple while in the US, and I've used them twice so far (been traveling, not much riding). I do love them. The quality is excellent, and they have some thoughtful extras like small pockets for things you don't want to get lost in the main compartment.

Tako, they don't seem to make a bag for the top case, is that correct?
Seems they do not have a top box bag no, I have seen liners tho and in theory possibly could get something made, I looked at the option but a bit complex to get a sample made or 3 and in theory you could make pockets in the lid portion of the cases (Other brands do have the pockets for lids in side boxes)