Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

Interesting article.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=29993

Came across this article on the RX3 while googling info on what bigger rims and tires might fit. Interesting that all the arguments I've been making for years concerning what makes a good adventure bike and rider, such as skinny, tall front tires, 11 inches of suspension travel, and Chinese leather skinned 2x4 seats don't suit adventuring, backed up right here.

Whatever you do, DO NOT follow your motocross and desert race experiences when modifying an RX3--you will only ruin it. If you want to learn about adventure bikes, you'll learn a lot more, a lot quicker, and a lot less painfully, by listening to the few of us that have actually ridden 10s of thousands of miles of dirt roads. While what can be learned racing does have significant value, especially in emergency situations, adventure routes are not race tracks and the standard procedures for successful adventure
riding are very different than any kind of racing.

Rest assured that your RX3, while not perfect, is the best all around Adventure bike in the world for individuals who actually do adventure rides without a crash crew to pick up the pieces, make and break camp, do the dishes, and summon helicopter ambulances when necessary.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=29993

Came across this article on the RX3 while googling info on what bigger rims and tires might fit. Interesting that all the arguments I've been making for years concerning what makes a good adventure bike and rider, such as skinny, tall front tires, 11 inches of suspension travel, and Chinese leather skinned 2x4 seats don't suit adventuring, backed up right here.

Whatever you do, DO NOT follow your motocross and desert race experiences when modifying an RX3--you will only ruin it. If you want to learn about adventure bikes, you'll learn a lot more, a lot quicker, and a lot less painfully, by listening to the few of us that have actually ridden 10s of thousands of miles of dirt roads. While what can be learned racing does have significant value, especially in emergency situations, adventure routes are not race tracks and the standard procedures for successful adventure
riding are very different than any kind of racing.

Rest assured that your RX3, while not perfect, is the best all around Adventure bike in the world for individuals who actually do adventure rides without a crash crew to pick up the pieces, make and break camp, do the dishes, and summon helicopter ambulances when necessary.

That's a good read, although I think it should start with 'Dear Everide..."

Old 10-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #3

That’s was a few years ago we did that ride. I agree the RX3 is a great little adventure bike and a lot of fun to ride. I’ll point out we didn’t see any other big adventure bikes on the Rim that day, few little duel sports but nothing big and heavey.

I rode the Rim grab gas and buzzed home on the interstate all in the same day.

I’ve since ridden bunch’s of CO dirt and Jeep roads, a lot of high alpine stuff around Silverton. I almost never see the big Adventure bikes back on that stuff but lots duel sports.

https://www.facebook.com/david.m.maa...2781101190270/

https://www.facebook.com/david.m.maa...5999274868448/

Old 10-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #4

Oh Wow, there we are.
Most memorable ride ever. The bike and good pals made it happen for me. The bike is very forgiving to new riders like i was. And my new pals very cool and accepting of my slower pace. rbrADV kept saying "gotta go",or "ready to go?" at most stops. I really understood why at the end; when it was almost dark! Thank you David for helping me get my bike threw that big Crater in the road.
Also understood the value of a dependable motorbike dozens of miles from civilizations.
Lets do it again guys!