Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #1

Tao Raptor200 upgrade sprocket/hub

Hey guys,

So I got a Raptor a few weeks back, been really enjoying it when I took it out. Brought it up to the cottage 2 weekends, first weekend was phenominal. Second weekend I was excited because I was nearing the 200km mark for breaking in the engine and I was itching to push the throttle more than halfway.
I had to finish the gas tank and I would have been over 200km.

Anyways, while riding up a smooth hill, no sticks or rocks or anything like that, and suddenly I heard a click and the wheels stopped accelerating. I luckily was ~10 feet from he top of the hill so I jumped off and pushed it up. Upon inspection I found that the motor is driving the chain, but the sprocket on the back axle was no longer turning the axle.

I havent taken it apart yet, but I think I stripped either the sprocket, or the sprocket hub. I would like to get an upgraded part that wont break in under 20 hours of use. Where would be the place I could get upgraded sprocket parts? Ive heard of whygostock.com here on the forums, would they be a good recommendation?

Located in Canada, if it matters.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #3

Cool!

I am going to take it apart this weekend when I go home, hopefully its the hub!

Old 07-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #4

Did you just snap the bolts or lose the bolts between this

https://partskit.com/product/606588

and your sprocket?

These bolts have come loose on my raptor 200 before. Also the bolts that connect the rear brake rotor to the axle have come loose.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

and your sprocket?

These bolts have come loose on my raptor 200 before. Also the bolts that connect the rear brake rotor to the axle have come loose.
Its very possible. The ATV is a couple hours away, ill be able to look at it on the weekend. I thought it might have been the hub. Thanks for posting the link for me.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

and your sprocket?

https://imgur.com/jL74snA

I see the 4 bolts that connect the rear brake rotor to the axle are still in place.

It looks like thats whats missing on the sprocket side.

I think I still have 4 extra bolts that match the ones on the brake rotor from when the ATV came packaged in the metal crate. Should they be the same ones?

The sprocket shifted a quarter inch to the left and wrecked the digital speedometer sensor too :(

Old 07-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #7

Unfortunately, the bolts I thought would fit dont (I think they are the same as the bolts in the brake rotor though).

How can I get more of the bolts I need? If I knew the size I could get some from the hardware store.

Can I put the bolts in from the outside? Or do they have to go in from the inside like the brake rotor?

Old 07-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #8

So I found a bolt that screw into the sprocket threads, but the bolt threads are too small for the hub. Is it normal for them to be different? Are they supposed to be tightened into the sprocket and they grip the hub from the outside?

Edit: Nvm, i now see the hub doesnt have threads. So they grip from the outside then, correct?

Last edited by CottageWaffles; 07-19-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #9

Bolt heads are on the right side of the atv. ( your right side if you were sitting on it. They go thru the hub and tighten into the sprocket.

Tags
parts, raptor, sprocket, upgrade