Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #1

[technical problem]Kayo K6 issue

Recently me and my friend both bought the kayo k6 model 2017 from china. We bought used one from china and import it to vietnam.

After received bikes we have to replace battery, rectifier, ignition coil, spark plug. Some small work like cleaning fuel injection, valve lash.

Though some issues happen to both of them.

The 1st one having bogged when acceleration. The low and top rpm still fine but mid range around 4000-5000 its bogged about 0.5 sec to 1 sec.

The 2nd one look fine at first but after one hours of running idle rpm still fine. But when i get to first gear and pop some throttle its stalling and from now on its cant be started.

Did any one having solution to solved these problems? Cause i owned in the past about 2 other one with carb version and its run fine. Never had any efi version so kinda blind how to diagnosis.

Most of efi parts are resemble to Rojo. Dont know if it as same as delphi.

Old 01-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #2

The 2nd one now can be start after cleaning fuel injection, clean carb but only idle for 3 seconds then engine stop working. Delphi ecu disfunction light turnoff after bike start. Weird isnt it

Old 01-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #3

There's a facebook page forGPX moto / Pitster Pro that might be helpful. Pitster Pro used to sell the Kayo K6 and their new GPX line of bikes use the Zongshen NC250/300 engine. There are a lot of members there, (but I don't do facebook).

There is a Rojo EFI fix that can help with stall-out and back popping issues, sometimes. It involves drilling out an epoxy-covered adjustment screw hole & replacing the screw with a longer one & a spring to keep it snug. (like an idle screw). It helped my bike. (Btw, I used a soldering iron to melt the epoxy instead of drilling, because it was easier for me.) The screw size called for is a 4x20, but I found that mine required one a little longer. You can do the job by tilting the EFI a little to reach the area for drilling. The area to drill located on the right side, which you can reach behind the exhaust pipe. I remember that it's a little tricky to adjust, and I had to play with it 3 or 4 times to find the right spot.

I think my bike is a 2016. I don't know when they switched from using the Rojo to the Delphi EFI.

Also, I've heard that the fuel pump can go bad. You should check that too.

Good luck,

Old 01-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
There's a facebook page forGPX moto / Pitster Pro that might be helpful. Pitster Pro used to sell the Kayo K6 and their new GPX line of bikes use the Zongshen NC250/300 engine. There are a lot of members there, (but I don't do facebook).

There is a Rojo EFI fix that can help with stall-out and back popping issues, sometimes. It involves drilling out an epoxy-covered adjustment screw hole & replacing the screw with a longer one & a spring to keep it snug. (like an idle screw). It helped my bike. (Btw, I used a soldering iron to melt the epoxy instead of drilling, because it was easier for me.) The screw size called for is a 4x20, but I found that mine required one a little longer. You can do the job by tilting the EFI a little to reach the area for drilling. The area to drill located on the right side, which you can reach behind the exhaust pipe. I remember that it's a little tricky to adjust, and I had to play with it 3 or 4 times to find the right spot.

I think my bike is a 2016. I don't know when they switched from using the Rojo to the Delphi EFI.

Also, I've heard that the fuel pump can go bad. You should check that too.

Good luck,
Thats a big help from you mate! I will try visit that site and find out what can be done. In that time i guess i have to used the domestic bike one from Bosuer J5.